• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain faces Iraq rout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Yes, free the Iraqi people from tyranny etc...
    Ba-doom, cha!

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
      Ba-doom, cha!
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
        No. I think the principles behind the war i.e. removing Saddam were good.
        IMHO no, they weren't. Saddam was able to control the "insurgents", and we aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
          IMHO no, they weren't. Saddam was able to control the "insurgents", and we aren't.
          I agree...but the method he used was hardly ideal and the reason the opinion of the world was against him. The IRA were able to control crime in NI but the methods they used were hardly in keeping with the civilised world.
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
            Controlling insurgents for Saddam meant gassing villages full of women and children, torturing and killing anyone he didn't like and anyone who spoke out of turn.
            If the British and US forces used the same tactics, there would be no insurgency problem, but to be honest, I would rather that we withdrew than go down that road.
            Let the blood be on their own hands not ours, we tried to help and they have proved unworthy of that help.
            Let Iran have Iraq.
            That is exactly what will happen anyway.
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Let the blood be on their own hands not ours, we tried to help and they have proved unworthy of that help.
              It's been said before but no harm in repeating it, you really are a tw@t.

Wtf does the above statement mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                It's been said before but no harm in repeating it, you really are a tw@t.

Wtf does the above statement mean?
                Just for your simple little mind I will explain.

The general populace of Iraq know full well who these insurgents are, if they want peace, then they should denounce or hand over these insurgents to the military authorities.
                but they do not because the insurgents that they know about are the ones that they are related to, or go to mosque with. In other words they are on their side.
                if all sides denounced the combatants that they knew of then the bombings and assassinations would be reduced to a manageable level, and fewer civilians and members of the armed forces would die.
                And peace in the region could be restored to a point where an occupying force would no longer be needed.

I am sorry if I used too many big words for a dribbling puerile idiot to understand, but I refuse to Dumb myself down to your level

Comment

Just for your simple little mind I will explain.

The general populace of Iraq know full well who these insurgents are, if they want peace, then they should denounce or hand over these insurgents to the military authorities.
                  but they do not because the insurgents that they know about are the ones that they are related to, or go to mosque with. In other words they are on their side.
                  if all sides denounced the combatants that they knew of then the bombings and assassinations would be reduced to a manageable level, and fewer civilians and members of the armed forces would die.
                  And peace in the region could be restored to a point where an occupying force would no longer be needed.

I am sorry if I used too many big words for a dribbling puerile idiot to understand, but I refuse to Dumb myself down to your level
                  You sir, are a first class moron with a tenuous grasp of reality.

Obviously, the rapid ascent from your last dive has resulted in your remaining braincells from giving up the ghost.

Your not related to mailman perchance?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    You sir, are a first class moron with a tenuous grasp of reality.

Obviously, the rapid ascent from your last dive has resulted in your remaining braincells from giving up the ghost.

Your not related to mailman perchance?
                    Finally a response.

But alas, it seems that a philosophical or even slightly intellectual debate is far above the IQ level that mother nature has cruelly endowed you with.

I just added you to my buddy list in expectation of said debate, but alas ........

Comment

Deep thinking there. Give up and they won't have to kill you. Somehow people don't seem to like just giving up to occupiers and don't seem to like handing in their family to them.
                      All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Working...
                      X