• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain faces Iraq rout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    However perhaps all is not lost - just think of how motivated the troops would become if the man who fought tooth and nail to launch this War - Mr Blair - was to do his bit and help defend the Basra camp ?
    Why would blair fight shoulder to shoulder with soldiers when its his job to send the armed forces of this country off to fight the wars the government determines they should be fighting?

Your infantile arguement sounds like one of those whiney "oh its not fair them americans got all the big bombs and we should give terrorists the same kind of big bombs too...after all, its only fair" type of arguement

Having said that, Britains defeat can be placed squarely at the feet of the anti-war movement. While the situation could be retrieved with a "surge" everyone knows Britain is in no way capable of doing this due to shortages, lack of funding and not having the collective balls to make it happen.

It seems you current day poms are much happier running and then holding countless pointless hearings in to your own failings than at actually finishing something!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
      While the situation could be retrieved with a "surge"
      You really are a prize cretin, aren't you. A surge to achieve what exactly?
      Moron.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        You really are a prize cretin, aren't you. A surge to achieve what exactly?
        Moron.
        To retrieve the situation and "impose" law and order...then again I guess its just easier to run after you are defeated!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
          To retrieve the situation and "impose" law and order...then again I guess its just easier to run after you are defeated!

Mailman

How do you impose law and order in a guerilla war? And even if it were possible do you propose the troops stay there indefinitely?
          Keep digging, birdbrain of Auckland.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I must say Mailman I did expect a more robust defence than the rather unconvincing reply that you have constructed - the idea that the defeat in Iraq - and yes at least you have now acknowledged that we have been defeated - is due to the anti war camp can only be described as patently absurd.

Your notion that a 'surge' would somehow correct matters is as flawed asthe US attempts to win the Vietnam War by sending more troops to their death.

When will you concede that the Iraq War was the wrong War - in the wrong place at the wrong time ?

Comment

When will you concede that the Iraq War was the wrong War - in the wrong place at the wrong time ?
              When he gets a brain transplant?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

No. I think the principles behind the war i.e. removing Saddam were good. If anything, I blame the poor intelligence and advice given by the senior military officers.
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                  No. I think the principles behind the war i.e. removing Saddam were good. If anything, I blame the poor intelligence and advice given by the senior military officers.
                  The principles?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Well please enlighten me. You seem to be a bit of a blowhard Diver, mybe start with just one, explain , to an old soldier, what an 'enfiladed retreat' is

Just for the old soldier. (Saves me explaining in detail)

http://www.answers.com/topic/enfilade-and-defilade

By the way! did you ever study Military Tactics, Perhaps you misheard and thought that the instrucor said "The best defence is to try and cause offence" but sorry no offence taken.
                    By the way did you manage to rise to the heady height of PFC.

Just as one old soldier to another that is
                    Last edited by Diver; 20 August 2007, 16:57.
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
                      The principles?
                      Yes, free the Iraqi people from tyranny etc...
                      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                      X