• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To all Passat Owners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had to buy in a short period of time, and there wasn't one around for the price, surprisingly high residuals on skoda's in central europe

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      got mine,

2004 highline estate tdi 6 speed

goes like a rocket holds the road like glue and has all the toys possible

consumption is really low with the 6th gear

very pleased with it

Milan.
      Try mine. 1998 1.8 S. Leaks, Doesn't start when engine is hot. Blower fan burned out. One window does not lower (or raise). Locks randomly unlock on hot days. radio now stuck on one station - radio reception is poor at best anyway. Rear end suspension seems a bit old design, feels a bit wonky through high speed corners. Only saving grace are the 16" wolfrace rims.

Many other things I don't like about it now - I'd never buy another one. I'd never buy anthing VW - they are extremely overrated cars. Give me a Honda everytime.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

what do you expect from a 10 year old car ?

have you heard of maintenance or preventative maintenance ?

talk about managing expectations feck's sake

I'll try your method, I'll buy a 10 year old car, get p'd off about the problems and then say, I'm never buying one of these again cos they're cr@p

Milan.

Comment

didn't Jeremy Clarkeson or maybe it was Quentin Wilson get in trouble with Audi for calling the TT a skoda octavia with a different body, it apparently was assembled on the same floor plan as the octavia and given a different body and more importantly a different price ?

Comment

they share the same 4x4 system

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by barely_pointless
              didn't Jeremy Clarkeson or maybe it was Quentin Wilson get in trouble with Audi for calling the TT a skoda octavia with a different body, it apparently was assembled on the same floor plan as the octavia and given a different body and more importantly a different price ?
              No. Next

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                what do you expect from a 10 year old car ?

have you heard of maintenance or preventative maintenance ?

talk about managing expectations feck's sake

I'll try your method, I'll buy a 10 year old car, get p'd off about the problems and then say, I'm never buying one of these again cos they're cr@p

Milan.
                me 11 year old Mazda has NONE of these problems. my previous car I kept for 12 years and sold it on to my brother - he still uses it on a daily basis. It is now 16 years old. It also has NONE of these issues.

VW is not crap - just over rated.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by barely_pointless

They're based on the Golf platform which means upto 60% common parts. The engines all (or did, when I did a project there) come from the same factory in Hungary but then the quattro engines go for additional work.

The same is true for most auto manufactures these days.

BTW the bodies for Bentley come from the same place as Skoda in Moesel (sp?)

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
                    Is it beige?

Are you getting excited by the thought of adding a tow bar? Maybe next year a deluxe roof rack.

Think of all the lovely miles per gallon, and how practical the cup holder is.

Just off to touch meself....
                    Mmmmm, cup holder, mmmmmmm

Comment

blimey, you're a family of high flyers ! youur car is 11 years old and your brother's is 16 !

are you Scandinavian by any chance ? they all drive old bangers up here

won't be long and your fleet will be tax exempt

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X