• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
    Neighour is selling his house, which is identical to ours, for £40000 more than last year's asking price for our model. That is greater than a 10% rise.
    Selling != Sold

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6929361.stm

The number of mortgages in arrears came in at 125,000 - 3% down on the same period last year.
      Oh prawn, you are a funny one! The headline of the story is:

Home repossessions 'rise by 30%'

So, while the number of mortgages in arrears are 3% down on the same period last year, an estimated 14,000 properties were repossessed in the first six months of the year - a 30% increase on the same time last year.

Depends how you read the article really but I am definitely reading that as DOOMED

Comment

Time to hit the auctions again.
        Who needs a pension

Property property property cheap property

Living off the backs of the unfortunate
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

You must be joking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6932304.stm

The average cost of a house in England will break through the £300,000 mark in the next five years, research suggests.

The National Housing Federation (NHF) warned prices are now almost 11 times the average wage and may rise by 40% as supplies fall further behind demand.

Yep, house prices are going up by another 40%. All true, the BBC say so.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            You must be joking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6932304.stm

The average cost of a house in England will break through the £300,000 mark in the next five years, research suggests.

The National Housing Federation (NHF) warned prices are now almost 11 times the average wage and may rise by 40% as supplies fall further behind demand.

Yep, house prices are going up by another 40%. All true, the BBC say so.
            ROFL I was just about to post that just so I could beat Dim Prawn to a house price news item.

I wonder if I can re-mortgage the extra 40% equity in advance to plough into off plan "luxury" buy-to-let flats? Shall I email the link to my building society?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              I have found a contract but then I went for the permie option as it was almost the same money. I do regret it already after a few weeks though.
              ..ah you regret going to Switzerland or just going premie.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                ..ah you regret going to Switzerland or just going premie.
                Just going permie.

Besides, this is no paradise either and workwise, yes, I believe the environment is much better in lil' ol' England. And the swiss efficiency.... oh, yes, that's just a myth .

However, have to admit that the quality of life is much higher here and for an italian, well, you feel half way home (bizarre how I tend to speak english first but then people are more comfortable with the italian language instead)
                Last edited by Francko; 6 August 2007, 08:17.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Yes I think workwise London would be better, but there are no lakes in there.

Hi Sandy hope things are well.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter View Post
                    Next door sold their house for £15k more than we paid for ours exactly a year ago, just hope it carries on for at least another year or so, when we come to sell.
                    and

Comment

Working...
                    X