• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you going on holiday this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XTC
    No idea! I'll ask the Mrs. I just turn up. Think it's one of the smaller ones, less commercial. I guess that narrows it down to about 50
    Well, if you like tranqility you'll love it.

Would recommend taking a PADI open water course there if you have any interest in going underwater. It's quite an experience and approx 1/2 the cost of doing it in the UK.

And of course it may provide a welcome break from honeymooning

Comment

Malta's crap.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
        You're married really aren't u? Come on be honest..

Nope!!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith
          Nope!!
          Don't toy with me woman.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
            Don't toy with me woman.
            Seriously, I stuck it out for 5 years and then thought..... WTF am I doing here?
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon
              Milan and Rome in October, off to see di Vinci's Last Supper.
              You've missed it mate. He's had his chips!

Comment

Wendigo, you're nearly Godlike - keep going !
                It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                  would you recomend going, looking for a trip next year was due to go to Vietnam this year but its not going to happen, so now I'm considering there, or china or mexico.
                  My hols was ad hoc, no touring company - in Beijing I had an ex-colleague to guide me around, so I enjoyed that very much, other towns I had no one and it was extremely challenging to communicate with people as no one spoke English at these towns. Also the Chinese ethic is non existent, almost everyone is brought up and trained to rip off others, I couldn't understand it - I mean I understand taxi drivers ripping people off, or market stalls owners, but why would someone working in a large mall or a reputable hotel do the same the money is not going to their pocket?? But what I hear is that they are encouraged to over-charge foreigners (a Chinese friend overheard another Chinese market stall owner in Camden London talking and teaching staff how to rip the customers off) its just in their nature, they get a kick out of ripping westerners, however the good news is however much they rip you off when you do the exchange it works out between £1 to £5 !!

The good things about China is the amazing history, its fascinating, I am really drawn to learning more and more about the various dynasties and emperors, the Dragon Lady story is amazing, not sure why they haven’t made a movie about it yet.
                  I enjoyed visiting the great wall, forbidden city, temple of heaven, the summer palace, Tiananmen square, attending the tea ceremony, Chinese Opera etc... all in all I do recommend going for it, but think of it as an educational holiday, not a holiday holiday kind of thing!! also try to find a local guide who would accompany you they don't charge much max £25 a day.

Comment

Berkshire August.
                    Yorkshire October.
                    Dubai Xmas!

Permie lifestyle!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Went to Barcelona in April, Dubai in May; just come back from Ibiza - contractor holidays are expensive so I don't think I'll be having any more this year

Comment

Working...
                      X