• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has the stock crash started?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On
    Any bargains to be had then?
    We have to wait for the bounce thing
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Alliance & Leicester release results tomorrow - looking cheap today and worth a punt. Miners also taking a severe beating - look at AAL as bargain of the month.

Don't take my advice though - I've lost some 50k this year so far

Comment

Value investors over at TMF are talking about RBS as well:

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp...975&sort=whole
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Easy Jet
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
            Alliance & Leicester release results tomorrow - looking cheap today and worth a punt. Miners also taking a severe beating - look at AAL as bargain of the month.

Real money or 'fantasy league' stylee?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN

How can you lose 50K? the markets have been going up. they reached a six year high 2 weeks ago.
              summary please of what you've been up to.
              Does her in doors know?
              If i was you I would stop and whack your money in a Ice Save account.

Comment

As long as you beat the 14%YOY money supply growth on your investments, you're doing OK.

Comment

You haven't been spread betting ?

You don't need to risk your money on that, if you want excitement just go into emerging markets, Brasil or Thailand for example.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh
                    Anyone spread betting?
                    Yep - I've got £30/point on the FTSE. Lost £13.5K this week.

Happy days LOL.

Comment

My advice on spread betting would be trade piffling amounts, and if you do well gradually build up. If it really is worthwhile then you'll build up capital. My suspicion is that unless you have some well thought out strategy, you'll probably lose on the spreads. I mean you're not holding anything of value like a share, your betting against some geezer who thinks he knows better than you.

So...out of interest is anyone earning big money?
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X