• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To contract or not...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked
    At least there is something in the pipeline.
    My ex started his new contract last week, not a peep from him since, don't feel used much

Well at least he's gone and out of the picture now - men will completely take the p1ss emotionally if you let them. At least you're free of the guilt now!

Get out there and start partying girl!!

If you're baed in London you should get a CUK do organised - the guys on here are really lovely (as you've probably noticed). I met a few of them last Xmas and they're all quite normaly too....do you good to get a quick fling under your belt before your Goa trip
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Not sure if I qualify as normal, I contract because I want to take months at a time off. Can't really do that in a permie job. I think you need to decide what you want first. Career, promotion, friends at work or freedom, money and the jobs no one else wants.
      I suppose you're right.

Anyway I on the normality issue I was of course referring to the attention seeking, bunny boiling, psycho nymphet.

Comment

Career, promotion, friends at work or freedom, money and the jobs no one else wants.

that just about sums it up in a nutshell. Last place i had a good craic with my colleagues, but then again 90% of the department were contractors. Here 90% are permie and the money envy is bubbling below the surface, I'm having to watch myself.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          Well at least he's gone and out of the picture now - men will completely take the p1ss emotionally if you let them. At least you're free of the guilt now!

Get out there and start partying girl!!

If you're baed in London you should get a CUK do organised - the guys on here are really lovely (as you've probably noticed). I met a few of them last Xmas and they're all quite normaly too....do you good to get a quick fling under your belt before your Goa trip
          I had a look at the web site of the new job, there seems to be two sorts. Hair gel or ex city boring old farts, so CUK guys couldn't be worse. But they all married or have gf, and in some cases more than 1.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
            that just about sums it up in a nutshell. Last place i had a good craic with my colleagues, but then again 90% of the department were contractors. Here 90% are permie and the money envy is bubbling below the surface, I'm having to watch myself.

It is really strange too, how some permies act as though they are nailed to their desks and if they got off their backsides they couldn't go and get a contract. They just seem to get envious and spiteful toward those who do.

Comment

I had a look at the web site of the new job, there seems to be two sorts. Hair gel or ex city boring old farts, so CUK guys couldn't be worse. But they all married or have gf, and in some cases more than 1.

They're not all attached I dont think. Get it organised man - shy bairns get nowt as they say round my parts
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                It is really strange too, how some permies act as though they are nailed to their desks and if they got off their backsides they couldn't go and get a contract. They just seem to get envious and spiteful toward those who do.
                Exactly anyone can do it, it's the home bodies who kick up the biggest fuss. Next move, the contractor to permie ratio will be a deciding factor
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Exactly anyone can do it, it's the home bodies who kick up the biggest fuss. Next move, the contractor to permie ratio will be a deciding factor
                  Bagpuss - your mailbox is full!
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Yes, I agree. However, a contractor situation I witnessed was between two contractors with the same (very dodgey agent). The one who was the manager wouldn't get rid of his mate even when he should of...Would of made sense, his mate was expensive and not particularly well-skilled, other contractors in the same team could do his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                      I was of course referring to the attention seeking, bunny boiling, psycho nymphet.
                      I guess I will have to try a lot harder if I want to get on that list
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X