• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "To contract or not..."

Collapse

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    I was of course referring to the attention seeking, bunny boiling, psycho nymphet.
    I guess I will have to try a lot harder if I want to get on that list

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Exactly anyone can do it, it's the home bodies who kick up the biggest fuss. Next move, the contractor to permie ratio will be a deciding factor
    Yes, I agree. However, a contractor situation I witnessed was between two contractors with the same (very dodgey agent). The one who was the manager wouldn't get rid of his mate even when he should of...Would of made sense, his mate was expensive and not particularly well-skilled, other contractors in the same team could do his job.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Exactly anyone can do it, it's the home bodies who kick up the biggest fuss. Next move, the contractor to permie ratio will be a deciding factor
    Bagpuss - your mailbox is full!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    It is really strange too, how some permies act as though they are nailed to their desks and if they got off their backsides they couldn't go and get a contract. They just seem to get envious and spiteful toward those who do.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked
    I had a look at the web site of the new job, there seems to be two sorts. Hair gel or ex city boring old farts, so CUK guys couldn't be worse. But they all married or have gf, and in some cases more than 1.

They're not all attached I dont think. Get it organised man - shy bairns get nowt as they say round my parts

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    that just about sums it up in a nutshell. Last place i had a good craic with my colleagues, but then again 90% of the department were contractors. Here 90% are permie and the money envy is bubbling below the surface, I'm having to watch myself.

It is really strange too, how some permies act as though they are nailed to their desks and if they got off their backsides they couldn't go and get a contract. They just seem to get envious and spiteful toward those who do.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Well at least he's gone and out of the picture now - men will completely take the p1ss emotionally if you let them. At least you're free of the guilt now!

Get out there and start partying girl!!

If you're baed in London you should get a CUK do organised - the guys on here are really lovely (as you've probably noticed). I met a few of them last Xmas and they're all quite normaly too....do you good to get a quick fling under your belt before your Goa trip
    I had a look at the web site of the new job, there seems to be two sorts. Hair gel or ex city boring old farts, so CUK guys couldn't be worse. But they all married or have gf, and in some cases more than 1.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Career, promotion, friends at work or freedom, money and the jobs no one else wants.

that just about sums it up in a nutshell. Last place i had a good craic with my colleagues, but then again 90% of the department were contractors. Here 90% are permie and the money envy is bubbling below the surface, I'm having to watch myself.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Not sure if I qualify as normal, I contract because I want to take months at a time off. Can't really do that in a permie job. I think you need to decide what you want first. Career, promotion, friends at work or freedom, money and the jobs no one else wants.
    I suppose you're right.

Anyway I on the normality issue I was of course referring to the attention seeking, bunny boiling, psycho nymphet.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    At least there is something in the pipeline.
    My ex started his new contract last week, not a peep from him since, don't feel used much

Well at least he's gone and out of the picture now - men will completely take the p1ss emotionally if you let them. At least you're free of the guilt now!

Get out there and start partying girl!!

If you're baed in London you should get a CUK do organised - the guys on here are really lovely (as you've probably noticed). I met a few of them last Xmas and they're all quite normaly too....do you good to get a quick fling under your belt before your Goa trip

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    and I've been caught posting on here and told off. First time ever I've been told off for t'internet usage and I've been good the last 2 weeks.

"we are paying a lot of money for your time you know"

FFS
    They sound awful. Go and find another place that will treat you better.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Sorry, I should've made myself clear, I was looking for a response from normal people.
    Not sure if I qualify as normal, I contract because I want to take months at a time off. Can't really do that in a permie job. I think you need to decide what you want first. Career, promotion, friends at work or freedom, money and the jobs no one else wants.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    This message is hidden because Lucy is on your ignore list.

Sorry, I should've made myself clear, I was looking for a response from normal people.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    Poor pussycat
    and I've been caught posting on here and told off. First time ever I've been told off for t'internet usage and I've been good the last 2 weeks.

"we are paying a lot of money for your time you know"

FFS

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    problem is the honeymoon period gets shorter and shorter, contractor or not. I'm 2 weeks into a new contract and fed up!
    Poor pussycat

Leave a comment:

Working...
X