• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banning Policy ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Causus Deli
    What happened was a typo occured and the usual nazi taunters got to work. You saw the posts that were the really offensive ones. The esteemed forumer simply played along with their usual stupidity and was sacrificed so we can see exactly what people will actually do to stifle real debate. What depths people will go to in order to appear 'better than yow', complicity in giving away our country is a small price for them. Now discuss the issues and stop girly chatting about a set-up.
    How do you know it was a typo?

Comment

I have some vague recollection of someone getting banned for punching a donkey...?

Comment

Originally posted by Causus Deli
        What happened was a typo occured and the usual nazi taunters got to work. You saw the posts that were the really offensive ones. The esteemed forumer simply played along with their usual stupidity and was sacrificed so we can see exactly what people will actually do to stifle real debate. What depths people will go to in order to appear 'better than yow', complicity in giving away our country is a small price for them. Now discuss the issues and stop girly chatting about a set-up.
        The chap was aksed if it was a typo on more than one occasion. He stated that it was not a typo, he insited on it. If he did that as a baiting technique then he was dumber than I thought.
        As one of the first to take said poster to task I do not see how you can lay this on the so called "nazi taunter" as I am usualy aligned with said nazis.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I started a thread this morning, but it had disappeared when I logged back in! What did you guys do, it didn't even make it to LR.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I think it was your comment on feline abuse wot dunnit.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
              I started a thread this morning, but it had disappeared when I logged back in! What did you guys do, it didn't even make it to LR.
              I had a thread line deleted and was threatened by Nanny with a ban. There's no consistency from the mods, just the occaisional puritanical bossy finger-wag. If hey're not going to be consistent, they can't expect the rest of us to take them seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
                I was gonna ask for pictures on that thread too....bugger!!!

Comment

I should have expected my “cheer the perverts up” remark to be only thing to be picked on. No one had any comment on anything else I had to say then?
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Actully, the thing is in theory we're all adults and shouldn't need mods to be doing this kind of stuff.

In practice quite a few on here cross the line fairly often, to the point where it could quite easily be considered illegal and CUK could get in trouble for not doing more.

I'm not a banning people kind of person, but there are occasions where some members seem unable to exert any control upon themselves. Either that or they derive some pleasure from causing as much offence as possible. Sad really.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
                      I was gonna ask for pictures on that thread too....bugger!!!
                      So it was you, did the nasty all over my thread
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X