• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

225k - Not Bad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg
    Fairenough, but I don't see how 225k people signing an e-petition based on propaganda.... ....is good news.
    It's not. It's news. And I posted the thread more as a discussion about how people will turn to their keyboards about something they feel strongly about as opposed to turning out and voting or protesting.

Comment

Fairenough, but I don't see how 225k people signing an e-petition based on propaganda (that public money was involved in this new mosque) is good news.
      That's twice you've tried to sell us that, OG.

We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
        It's not. It's news. And I posted the thread more as a discussion about how people will turn to their keyboards about something they feel strongly about as opposed to turning out and voting or protesting.
        I'm not having a go. But I don't think it's 'not bad', I think it's pretty depressing. It's an example of why these e-petitions are such a terrible idea. Someone sticks a fabrication in and then people click on 'me too please'.

Comment

Yeah, right.

BTW, thanks for the news update.

Comment

its hardly NVDA is it?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
              its hardly NVDA is it?
              NVDA??

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                That's twice you've tried to sell us that, OG.

We'll see...
                Yeah, yeah, and when the story turns out to be b0llox, no doubt it will be because public opinion made them change their mind. Is there any evidence of public money invovlement apart from an e-petition?

Comment

Yeah, yeah, and when the story turns out to be b0llox, no doubt it will be because public opinion made them change their mind. Is there any evidence of public money invovlement apart from an e-petition?
                  From what I read of the original story yonks ago the whole thing was to be funded from some royal Saudi, no UK money was to be involved at all.
                  The original Mega Mosque was to be put on the olympic site, but I suspect it was a sham to make getting planning for a more modest structure less of a challenge on the grounds of "at least we are not building the big one".
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                  X