• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 225k - Not Bad

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "225k - Not Bad"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    Yeah, yeah, and when the story turns out to be b0llox, no doubt it will be because public opinion made them change their mind. Is there any evidence of public money invovlement apart from an e-petition?
    From what I read of the original story yonks ago the whole thing was to be funded from some royal Saudi, no UK money was to be involved at all.
    The original Mega Mosque was to be put on the olympic site, but I suspect it was a sham to make getting planning for a more modest structure less of a challenge on the grounds of "at least we are not building the big one".

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    That's twice you've tried to sell us that, OG.

We'll see...
    Yeah, yeah, and when the story turns out to be b0llox, no doubt it will be because public opinion made them change their mind. Is there any evidence of public money invovlement apart from an e-petition?

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
    its hardly NVDA is it?
    NVDA??

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    It's not. It's news. And I posted the thread more as a discussion about how people will turn to their keyboards about something they feel strongly about as opposed to turning out and voting or protesting.
    its hardly NVDA is it?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    It's not. It's news. And I posted the thread more as a discussion about how people will turn to their keyboards about something they feel strongly about as opposed to turning out and voting or protesting.
    Yeah, right.

BTW, thanks for the news update.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I'm not having a go. But I don't think it's 'not bad', I think it's pretty depressing. It's an example of why these e-petitions are such a terrible idea. Someone sticks a fabrication in and then people click on 'me too please'.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Fairenough, but I don't see how 225k people signing an e-petition based on propaganda (that public money was involved in this new mosque) is good news.
    That's twice you've tried to sell us that, OG.

We'll see...

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Fairenough, but I don't see how 225k people signing an e-petition based on propaganda.... ....is good news.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    It's hardly represetitive public opinion is it? 225K get an email from a mate saying 'ooh, this looks bad' and then in 2 mouse clicks sign a factually inacurrate petition.

Hardly civil disobedience now is it!
    This is why I don't like extended postal voting or e-voting. If you can't be @rsed to get to the polling station once every 4 or 5 years, who cares what you think?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Let-Me-In
    So the govt can ignore the public opinion...fantastic!!!

It's hardly represetitive public opinion is it? 225K get an email from a mate saying 'ooh, this looks bad' and then in 2 mouse clicks sign a factually inacurrate petition.

Hardly civil disobedience now is it!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    We did visit this subject a while back - this current thread is the update
    Fairenough, but I don't see how 225k people signing an e-petition based on propaganda (that public money was involved in this new mosque) is good news.

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    I thought we'd been through this before (I think Dodgy started a thread). Wasn't it based on a fabrication that public money was going to go into it?

Found the thread: http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...ga-mosque.html
    We did visit this subject a while back - this current thread is the update

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Let-Me-In
    Of course they can. That's how representative democracy works.

Leave a comment:

• Let-Me-In
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    It's good to see people willing to take so much time out of there busy email schedule to really make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I thought we'd been through this before (I think Dodgy started a thread). Wasn't it based on a fabrication that public money was going to go into it?

Found the thread: http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...ga-mosque.html
    Last edited by Old Greg; 18 July 2007, 11:26.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X