• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it just me......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman
    Not true for teachers and lecturers. They have to spend all their time off marking, or doing lesson plans, preparing lesson material, or doing the paperwork required by the latest government initiative.

hope you are not serious - they do feck all , I was a lecturer for a year (when kids were little) all they do is is look at old lecture notes and re cycle them year after year - as for marking best way is to take the course work home and drop all down the stairs, the essay that makes it all the way down gets an A , half way a B and top of the stairs is a C.... one other colleagues said if a students hands in anything - I mean anything even a blank page with his name on it- then he'll pass him/her...

Don't get me started about the nurses ( the olde here would know my nursing story ) anyhow all they have to do is about 5-10 minutes worth of writing and they constantly complain, FFS of course the nurses have to write down what care/medications they have given their patients, and of course they have to order new supplies, who else is going to do it for them??

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown

hope you are not serious - they do feck all , I was a lecturer for a year (when kids were little) all they do is is look at old lecture notes and re cycle them year after year - as for marking best way is to take the course work home and drop all down the stairs, the essay that makes it all the way down gets an A , half way a B and top of the stairs is a C.... one other colleagues said if a students hands in anything - I mean anything even a blank page with his name on it- then he'll pass him/her...

Don't get me started about the nurses ( the olde here would know my nursing story ) anyhow all they have to do is about 5-10 minutes worth of writing and they constantly complain, FFS of course the nurses have to write down what care/medications they have given their patients, and of course they have to order new supplies, who else is going to do it for them??

No, depends on what you lecture in. The brighter ones have to create the actual course materials (yes, someone has to create it) so that the others can copy it over and over later on.

Marking needs to contain feedback and guidance. Not an A, B or C ranking. One is supposed to make constructively critical remarks. Did you (as a lecturer) not know this?

Clearly you are the typical Public Sector 'lecturer' - a slacker and an idler, with no passion for, or interest in the job. Thankfully, there are others who have ideals and commitment.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

No, depends on what you lecture in. The brighter ones have to create the actual course materials (yes, someone has to create it) so that the others can copy it over and over later on.
        True - but very few did this - actually I was the only one in the dept who wrote her own lecture notes

Marking needs to contain feedback and guidance. Not an A, B or C ranking. One is supposed to make constructively critical remarks. Did you (as a lecturer) not know this?.
        Jaysus what do you think the copy/paste function is for

Clearly you are the typical Public Sector 'lecturer' - a slacker and an idler, with no passion for, or interest in the job. Thankfully, there are others who have ideals and commitment.

Hey - I didn't say I did this I said that's the way I found others doing it, and that's why I quite after one year !!!

Comment

True - but very few did this - actually I was the only one in the dept who wrote her own lecture notes

Jaysus what do you think the copy/paste function is for

Hey - I didn't say I did this I said that's the way I found others doing it, and that's why I quite after one year !!!
          quit

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
            quit

sorry - can't be bothered with re-reading my posts, got to type quick , all these smilies is a give away and have to spend as little time as poss when typing a reply !!

If I could do moris code ?? or is it morse code??

Comment

sorry - can't be bothered with re-reading my posts, got to type quick , all these smilies is a give away and have to spend as little time as poss when typing a reply !!

If I could do moris code ?? or is it morse code??
              possible

And yes it is morse.

Comment

:
                And yes it is morse.

are you sure??

Comment

are you sure??
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code

Yes

HTH

Comment

shouldn't have doubt it you ...

btw how do you appreviate shouldn't followed by have ... do we say shouldn't've ??

Comment

Working...
                    X