• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Genii?

Or is that something that appears out of a lamp?
    No that's light, which I think starred Esther Ransom and was about dogs wanting sausages or penises that looked like vegetables
    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
      No that's light, which I think starred Esther Ransom and was about dogs wanting sausages or penises that looked like vegetables

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
        What people in that situation should do is bury their heads in the sand and finance their day-to-days with credit cards. It'll all be alright in the end [when I buy their repo'ed house at auction].
        I think you will find that these days they have to get a quote from 3 Estate Agents and get the best price possible, so that would rule out an auction. Checked with my mortgage lender when I was close to the abyss.

Which given new flats near me (smaller than mine, but with underground parking) are going for £340K and I bought mine for £114K

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
          I think you will find that these days they have to get a quote from 3 Estate Agents and get the best price possible, so that would rule out an auction. Checked with my mortgage lender when I was close to the abyss.

Which given new flats near me (smaller than mine, but with underground parking) are going for £340K and I bought mine for £114K
          They have to get the best price possible, which means advertising offer amounts in the paper, but they still also sell at auction, halifax used to sell at their own, and have just started it up again after being shut for a few years
          I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by zathras

Normally they will ship it on to one of the big dealers in this business, who either

Get 5 quotes, discard top & bottom then average the rest
            or
            Get 3 quotes, average them.

Then stick it on with their favourite agent.

However, tulipty little holes will go to auction if they don't sell quickly. Hard to predict what will happen post-boom at the moment.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Genii?

Or is that something that appears out of a lamp?
              Genii or Geniuses is the plural of genius. Either is acceptable, but genius's is not.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
                Genii or Geniuses is the plural of genius. Either is acceptable, but genius's is not.
                Quite right. That's the possesive, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
                  What people in that situation should do is bury their heads in the sand and finance their day-to-days with credit cards. It'll all be alright in the end [when I buy their repo'ed house at auction].
                  Couldn't you just TAKE their repo'ed house whenever you liked?

Hang on, I thought you were pretending to be dead? (Sir)

Comment

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgag...&in_page_id=57

Claims that shortfalls in the supply of new homes will lead to an inexorable rise in UK property prices in coming decades have 'as much credibility as Britney Spears' latest comeback,' he wrote

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                      Quite right. That's the possesive, isn't it?
                      "possessive"

Yes.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X