• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Stock Market Recently

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked
    The city, moved from telecom to banking, better paid these days
    Good on yer!

I'm up west so no chance of lunch but have a virtual tipple on me!

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
      Didn't realise anything was going on. Finance rarely makes the nightly news in Britian. heck, anything outside of Britain rarely makes the nightly news.
      Odd you should think that because when I am in the US I comment about their news being like that and say that British news covers far more international stuff.

However, on the main news on both BBC, Channel 4, etc, there is very little coverage of financial markets.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        Good on yer!

I'm up west so no chance of lunch but have a virtual tipple on me!
        You could invite the new Irish girl in your office to lunch
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
          You could invite the new Irish girl in your office to lunch
          Great minds think alike - I had lunch with her on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            Great minds think alike - I had lunch with her on Friday
            Do we need to take this to LR
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Am I going mad today? Is the ftse 100 down 0.5% and the 250 up 0.5%. Never seen that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                Odd you should think that because when I am in the US I comment about their news being like that and say that British news covers far more international stuff.

However, on the main news on both BBC, Channel 4, etc, there is very little coverage of financial markets.
                Oh definitely the US main networks have almost zero international coverage. People there are probably watching the BBC World service and think wow there is a world! But the UK BBC has miles more than any US station - which is not saying a lot. I sometimes watch Al Jazeera to get my international news fix.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                X