• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it worth being born?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
    It’s good to be alive provided that:
    - You’re a contractor earning >£500 p.d.
    - You’re off Hector’s radar
    - You’re not married
    - You’re not divorced (& therefore off the CSA’s radar)
    - You have <6 points on your licence (but hard to do in the United Kingdom of Gatsos)
    - You get regular sex without paying for it
    - Your long-term partner doesn’t argue with you (and what would be the point, as you’re always right)
    - Aston Villa win the FA Cup at least once in your lifetime
    - It becomes legal to give Jehovah’s Witnesses a thrashing within an inch of their miserable lives
    - Public flogging/humiliation of MPs and council officials is introduced
    - Big Brother is spiced up: rejected contestants undergo disembowelment on TV

I’m sure the venerable contributors to this board can think of a few more, but if the above can be fixed then yes, I would say that life has been worth it.
    Good points - altough I believe that invariably you pay for sex - one way or other,

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      How many people on their death bed actually ask themselves "**** me, was it all really worth it?"
      Why wait?
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

And what did you conclude?
        was it about a bicycle?

Comment

You start dieing from the moment your born.......

how ironic
          Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
            Here are my fav Famous Last Words

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
            Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
            I watched sea beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
            All those moments will be lost in time
            Like tears in rain.

-- Rutger Hauer, as Roy, in Blade Runner

PS Did you know that the above lines were improvised ?

PPS Also Bladerunner is Alfs fav film of all time

PPPS No - Im not a replicant - but are these memorys real - or just implants ?
            According to a documentary I saw, Rutger wrote the lines for himself, then sheepishly showed them to the director and asked if he could insert them.

Comment

How many people on their death bed actually ask themselves "**** me, was it all really worth it?"
              Most do and conclude "yes". The alternative is really, really boring.

Comment

Depends really on wether there realy are 72 virgins waiting for you?
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                X