• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And just to prove my point in the smoking ban thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't prove your point at all DA, it just means that some other rightwing hack agrees with you.

Or is the Torygraph the source of all knowledge and scientific fact these days?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
      Obviously you're one of those people who complains but doesn't actually go in pubs anymore, most have a/c these days. Really, there is nothing worse than the ex smoker smoking nazi.

Smoking in pubs..It bothers some ex smokers, it bothers lilly livered people who go for the occasional drink at Christmas. Genuine pub drinkers don't care.
      There goes NC with his tedious "Oh I'm the only hardened drinker on the forum" speech again. The whole point is that people that don't smoke never saw much point in complaining because the selfish smelly smokers would just have continued smoking anyway. The only way to stop them was to bring in a carpet ban and that is what we now have. Now why don't you take your big tough nicotine-stained backside out onto the pavement and leave the serious drinkers that don't deem honking like an ashtray an acceptable side effect of their evening's supping, in peace?
      Look on the bright side, your shandy won't heat up so quickly when you are outside anyway!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

What I always hated was getting off a train behind a smoker. As soon as their foot hits the platform they light the fag the the first puffs ends up in your face. This morning was the first in a long while I didn't have to put up with that, yay!

Similarily when scambling to get in the train the smokers would wait until the last microsecond to fling the fag away. Meanwhile blowing smoke onto everyone else.

This weekend was the first time in a long time I came back from the pub and didn't have to shower and changemy clothes before going to bed with the wife. Otherwise she wouldn't let me near her. It felt great!
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by tay
          Probably because not breathing smokey disgusting posionous air and going to the pub were mutually exclusive.

Lilly livered??? haha they arent the ones with a drug addiction problem.
          Are we to expect a mass addition of new drinkers in the pubs? Of course not!
          Just satifying the snidyness of people who will never go to pubs. God help us if they do, they'll want to ban swearing next and those dirty gambling machines, roll on prohibition!
          I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
            "most bars have a/c " ? You are joking aren't you ?
            There are and have been for years regulations for bars and night clubs that if they don't have decent natural ventilation (aka resulting in being to smokey) they have to install A/C to reduce the air polution (aka ciggy smoke) on the premises or they have being shut down

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000

This weekend was the first time in a long time I came back from the pub and didn't have to shower and changemy clothes before going to bed with the wife. Otherwise she wouldn't let me near her. It felt great!
              Why do you go to bed with your clothes on?
              I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
                Are we to expect a mass addition of new drinkers in the pubs? Of course not!
                Just satifying the snidyness of people who will never go to pubs. God help us if they do, they'll want to ban swearing next and those dirty gambling machines, roll on prohibition!
                The worst thing is that now the smoke has gone, the smell of all the fat f**kers sweat, dodgy old pub food and nappy tulip (every twat will be bringing their kids in now) will be there for all to enjoy.
                Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
                  There are and have been for years regulations for bars and night clubs that if they don't have decent natural ventilation (aka resulting in being to smokey) they have to install A/C to reduce the air polution (aka ciggy smoke) on the premises or they have being shut down
                  Not good enough. Like having a no pissing area in a swimming pool. Doesn't work. Now, out onto the pavement with you smelly! Tell your story walking!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                    Not good enough. Like having a no pissing area in a swimming pool. Doesn't work. Now, out onto the pavement with you smelly! Tell your story walking!
                    Then by your statement this no smoking law should not work either.

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
                      The worst thing is that now the smoke has gone, the smell of all the fat f**kers sweat, dodgy old pub food and nappy tulip (every twat will be bringing their kids in now) will be there for all to enjoy.
                      Never mind fd, I am sure the aroma of your cheap chavvy aftershave will mask the worst of it!

Comment

Working...
                      X