• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chaos Oop Norf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaos Oop Norf

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/6260064.stm

A fire at a chemical plant has closed the M6 between 31 and 32.

Getting around that is going to be difficult. I would recomend you take a flask and sandwhiches if you are heading that way.
    I can propose alternative routes, but most will also be packed with locals trying to dodge the chaos.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Jeez, it is all go at the mo......the conspiracy theorists will be having a field day!!!

Comment

The end is nigh

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
        Jeez, it is all go at the mo......the conspiracy theorists will be having a field day!!!
        It's a fire, how are conspiracy theorists going to get worked up about that? If they had blamed it on evil Jihadi's then maybe there would be something to wonder about...

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
          It's a fire, how are conspiracy theorists going to get worked up about that? If they had blamed it on evil Jihadi's then maybe there would be something to wonder about...
          Clearly, it the New World Order provisional government stirring things up.

Comment

Depends if they find a suicide bomber from the Preston Extreme Northeners Islamic Sect at the base of the fire.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I was referring to the cause of the fire.....DUH!!!

Comment

You would have thought everything Oop North was too bleeding wet to burn at the moment!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

West of the Pennines it's annoyingly dry, or it was last week anyway. Making the trip up there from the Midlands/Sheffield area the rain stopped as soon as you got up over Saddleworth.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Seems I made the right choice this morning - fly from Manchester instead of train from Preston!
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X