• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That chef's forum...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    Not subtle enough though!

Pity, I had just composed this new thread about my cousin serving halal food to his jewish clientelle to save it going to waste...

What's the difference between Halal and Kosher? I thought both Jews and Muslims are not allowed to eat blood, hence they need to bleed animals before eating the meet - both bleed animals then bless the food?? not sure if this info is correct though!!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
      What's the difference between Halal and Kosher? I thought both Jews and Muslims are not allowed to eat blood, hence they need to bleed animals before eating the meet - both bleed animals then bless the food?? not sure if this info is correct though!!
      I know that most Muslims are happy to eat kosher food (one of the reasons that some Jewish schools have always been popular with Muslim parents) - don't know if it works the other way.

Comment

Halal

Kosher

Halal vs Kosher

Looks like they are nor strictly inter-changeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
          Halal

Kosher

Halal vs Kosher

Looks like they are nor strictly inter-changeable.
          .... and would a supreme being really give a feck about how you killed and ate your food
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
            .... and would a supreme being really give a feck about how you killed and ate your food

Ask a Tibettan monk that one
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
            X