• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That chef's forum...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That chef's forum...

Slow, isn't it.

And Tony, one of their regulars has responded to your post, saying he would not dignify it with a response.

Anyone banned yet?

Chef's forum

Whole Elk
    should carry a health warning!
    Stomach hurts, Chest Hurts, Throat hurts.
    I can't go back there, I will end up on life support if I laugh any more
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Feck, I've just discovered I've been banned. Barstards let me log in and compose a long post before telling me.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        Feck, I've just discovered I've been banned. Barstards let me log in and compose a long post before telling me.
        You are banned here as well.
        It's just that everybody is too scared to tell you

Comment

My post is still there on the forum about the guy who lost his job as a chef and hit the road with his dog & Motorcyce sidecar http://www.cheftalk.com/forums/late-...my-dog-10.html

As you say, do not despair. I too am on the road except I use a caravan as a base rather than your camper van, to me it is a journey of discovery, new adventures and friends not yet met, waiting just around the next bend in the road.
          Yes there have been moments of dark despair- the last of the money spent buying a tank full of gas, in utter madness and desperation I was forced to cook my faithful travelling companion - a beautiful Jack Russel terrier called Benji - washed down with a fourpack of Millers and tears rolling down my cheeks. I can tell you the winter of 2005 in Alberta wasdefinitely a low point; but I bounced back in 2006 -got a job at Shoneys and life was good again.I bought a pair of gerbils for company - called them Jack and Jill and they provided hours of deep conversations about metaphysics and the role of cooking in the Industrialized NeoCon movement.
          This spring J&J (as I call them) became a family andthe ten of us moved around all over the Western seaboard going from place to place, picking up work here and there, seeing the sights and chilling out.
          At the moment I am looking for work based in a truckstop just outside of Portland Oregon, things are a little tough and the last of the money went Friday -does anyone know a recipe for gerbil? Keep your chin up and good luck on the road
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

That is rather good. Can we have some 'best of's posted here from over there and any responses from the chefs? It can be hard work tracking it all down.

Comment

How long did it take for you to get banned - a few years ago the guys took a holiday to the NursesNetwork.co.uk, Fleety, Fiddle and RogerRabit got banned within a couple of hours

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                How long did it take for you to get banned - a few years ago the guys took a holiday to the NursesNetwork.co.uk, Fleety, Fiddle and RogerRabit got banned within a couple of hours
                I arrived about midnight Friday as BaconMan from Tel Aviv. By Saturday morning I couldn't post anything.

Comment

I arrived about midnight Friday as BaconMan from Tel Aviv. By Saturday morning I couldn't post anything.
                  BaconMan from Tel Aviv!

Subtle, Very Very Subtle

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
                    BaconMan from Tel Aviv!

Subtle, Very Very Subtle
                    Not subtle enough though!

Pity, I had just composed this new thread about my cousin serving halal food to his jewish clientelle to save it going to waste...

Comment

Working...
                    X