• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get thee behind me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chugnut
    My hangovers actually start whilst I'm still drinking these days.
    That is quality!

Problem is I know exactly what you mean

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105
      That is quality!

Problem is I know exactly what you mean
      Yeah, it's really harsh. I liken it to one of those "passport" car purchase things.

You get: -

i) an initial deposit (the night before mini headache, taster of things to come)

ii) a bunch of direct debits (numerous nightly / early morning trips to the toilet to pee or hurl depending upon severity)

iii) final "bubble" payment (big hurl / monster hangover following day)

Alternatively, I get the Boomerang hangover. I drink a load and wake up feeling only mildly fuzzy; this clears by midday. I spend the rest of the day thinking "Wow, how did I get away with that?". The aforementioned Boomerang then returns with a vengeance late afternoon and knocks seven shades of sh1t out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
        I am being chatted up by a bloke
        Well there is a shortage of women on this site, count yourself lucky. But you may want to take it off line, the other guys may try to mussel in.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

The older you get, the worse they get and the less it takes to induce them.
          Really? I find the opposite. They do say that you tolerate alcohol more and more until your liver starts to fail and then the process goes into reverse. Not quite there yet obviously.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X