• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Good, The Bad & the Spineless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Good, The Bad & the Spineless

The Bad: Tablighi Jamaat propose to build a £100m Mega Mosque near to the London Olympic site. The FBI and French Inteligence, to name a few, have grave concerns about Tablighi Jamaat as a recruiting arm for radical Islamists.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle1853589.ece
    http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/83805.aspx

The Good: Someone gets off their ar$e and peitions No. 10 against the plans. http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque

The Spineless: The government responds in it's usual vague manner "...there is no current planning permission or application for a mosque and Newham Council do not expect a planning application in the near future. The Government believes that where controversial issues such as this arise, all involved should ensure that discussions are conducted in a manner that respects the views of all sections of our communities and in a way that does not raise tensions in local areas".

Does anyone remember over 1 million signatures against road pricing the the government conveniently ignored?

What's the betting that if planning permission is submitted, ministers and their metro-liberal 'advisors' will deem this current petition as the voice of a few racists and cave in as a gesture of apeasement?

I signed that but not keen on the wording. Looks like some Christian dimwit or, from the punctuation, a contractor.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
      I signed that but not keen on the wording. Looks like some Christian dimwit or, from the punctuation, a contractor.
      I wasn't spamming for people to sign up! But it is an individual choice if you want to.

Yes, the wording of the petition is er, slightly, er, well, erm, yes, but aside of that I put the link in to show that not everyone seems to adopt a seemingly passive approach to things like this.

(Just for clarity, (a) we signed the petition and (b) I don't do religion of any kind)

Comment

Tablighi Jamaat propose to build a £100m Mega Mosque near to the London Olympic site....

...feck, I thought this was going to be a thread about a new theme park with rides that go with a bang.

Comment

Working...
        X