• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit card fraud effectively leaglised

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyajae
    I think you're being very unfair to the police. The were absolutlely marvelous to Jemima
    And there is the proof hey....

I remember I got hit by a van in London a couple of years ago and the guy just put his foot down and refused to stop. I got his License Plate, Had a description of the driver and it was a company van with the company logo and phone number on the side.

Reported it to the metropolitan police and they first told me to call back later as they were busy, and then told me to call my local police (Thames Valley at the time) as I wasn't a Londoner. Of course Thames Valley police didn't want to know because it happened in London. After 2 days of arguing with them to get the damn thing reported and a crime number I gave up. All they had to do was go round his house and arrest him, useless buggers....

Comment

Well given that the Home Office made the forging of a Passport legal back in 2006 it is about time they did the same with Credit Card fraud.

PS If you don't believe me try this link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m...C-new_19052006

Comment

I had a rucksack stolen with some electrical gear, they didn't even want to know what the gear was. Excuse me for being thick, but if they apprehended the culprit with said gear, I could have had it back.

A shop near me had a window put through, when the shop owner reviewed the cctv there was a cop car driving past as the yoof was smashing the window.

What exactly do we pay council tax for?
        I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

I see cop cars ignore dangerous driving all the time. I rarely see any policemen otherwise, I think there should be a much higher police presence - where's the bobby on the beat.

I've reported kids kicking a door in and they wouldn't come out. On the other hand once my dad called the police because of kids causing problems on his allotments and they came out and were nice so some are decent.

Are they all working the lucrative night shifts herding drunks in town centres?
          All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
            I think you're being very unfair to the police. The were absolutlely marvelous to Jemima
            I think I'd drop everything and rush to her aid if she called me for help
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Main problem is lack of prisons - this means scumbags are either released too quickly or not being send there at all. The issue is not with the judges but with the Govt - they don't build more prisons, yet want to look tough on crime - you can't have both.

So those guys who get out of jail go for crimes that are easy to do and they are multiple enough to make it hard for police to chase everyone since they know full well judges will let them off with a fine.

It should be like this: 3 criminal offences and it's 10 years in jail minimum. No early releases - this is done to keep criminals behave in jails, this sends wrong signal - if they don't behave in jail they should get EXTRA time in jail, not cut in time for good behavior, ffs, they are in prison for clearly not good behavior, if they can't behave in prison to serve their sentence, how can they be released back into the society?

Some drugs should also be legalised - probably with Govt monopoly, at least this way drug addicts will be taken out of crime loop where they do bad things in order to feed their habit. Very long prison sentences for those drug addicts who won't play along with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
                One wonders when burgulary will get similar treatment. It's usually a cautionable offence now. Surely if you have insurance it's victimless too?
                If you have private medical and some scum bag knifes you, is that victimless too?

Lets face it, there is no crime now. Not since Blair took over.

The perps are the victims now and need all the help tax payers can give them.

Comment

Actually, all knife attacks should be treatedf as mandatory attempted murder.

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                  X