• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you find out why by using the Data Protection Act or somesuch?

Comment

Originally posted by oloks
      Don't think been born abroad is the reason for your refusal. I am born abroad became a British Citizen in 1999 and have been SC cleared twice. Maybe there is more to it.

If u have tried to hide anything that happened in the past is more likely to be a reason for refusal.
      Very true one white lie will arouse suspicion, when I had my DV interview I was warned that I would have to be completely honest and open... It can get quite embarrassing when they ask about affairs, drugs and whores
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
        Very true one white lie will arouse suspicion, when I had my DV interview I was warned that I would have to be completely honest and open... It can get quite embarrassing when they ask about affairs, drugs and whores
        I would never get cleared, I've been lying to myself for years.
        Now I don't know what the truth is.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
          Now I don't know what the truth is.
          If lies are consistent then they become the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by munky
            I don't know if it was anyhting else they didn't like (credit check maybe?) but I think it was harsh as well.

My sister works for NATS and she was allowed SC and was also born in Mexico, though she first passed it 10 years ago.

The agency guy told me they've become more strict and as I was applying for a job outsourcing for the MOD - setting up user accounts for their new network infrastructure, me being born in Mexico was reason enough to reject me. Apparently other people have been sacked from EDS as well because they didn't pass SC clearance.
            It's more to do with being able to certify your parentage, that kind of thing, as well as being certain it is you and not someone who's mickeyed your no-doubt genuine ID for their own purposes. If they aren't certain, you don't pass: you may just be a victim of poor record keeping back in Mexico.

Your sister got it before 9/11 - when all the paranoiacs in MOD took over control - and has proven her worth since, so not really a comparable case, not that DVA have ever made much sense to anyone.

As for next step, strictly speaking you should be off site already. Don't push too hard for notice periods, you'll only fail. Negotiate a graceful exit is the best plan.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by munky
              Was this quite recently?
              Within the last 18 months - depends on what you call recently...
              The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Hmm all good points. I guess if I failed then I failed. I have had some counseling in the past and I did get arrested for drunken disorderly a little while ago. However I was never convicted in court and I hardly see a mild form of depression as a serious mental illness.

Anyone know how long I have to wait before I can apply for security clearance again?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  If lies are consistent then they become the truth.
                  I can live with that, security clearance guys not so sure.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
                    I can live with that, security clearance guys not so sure.
                    Just wear a very short skirt for the interview...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                      Just wear a very short skirt for the interview...
                      That's what got me into me trouble in the first place!
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X