• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread18422.html

OMG!

Mailman

Comment

I feel a bit gutted now. You guys think I should demand the 4 weeks notice on the contract. They were paying me full time until I got clearance so can I demand the same for the next 4 weeks? It's going to take me that f**king long to find another job!

Comment

so do they reject clearance for anyone born abroad ?
        why don't they publicize that beforehand

Comment

Originally posted by munky
          I feel a bit gutted now. You guys think I should demand the 4 weeks notice on the contract. They were paying me full time until I got clearance so can I demand the same for the next 4 weeks? It's going to take me that f**king long to find another job!

It depends if they have any other get out clause on the contract.

Ask anyway, if you don't ask, you don't get.

Good luck finding something else.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            so do they reject clearance for anyone born abroad ?
            why don't they publicize that beforehand
            No, certainly not - a mate of mine is something like half austrian, half something else, and he was born abord a ship on its way to India... He got SC, no worries - took a while, obviously.
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I don't know if it was anyhting else they didn't like (credit check maybe?) but I think it was harsh as well.

My sister works for NATS and she was allowed SC and was also born in Mexico, though she first passed it 10 years ago.

The agency guy told me they've become more strict and as I was applying for a job outsourcing for the MOD - setting up user accounts for their new network infrastructure, me being born in Mexico was reason enough to reject me. Apparently other people have been sacked from EDS as well because they didn't pass SC clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
                No, certainly not - a mate of mine is something like half austrian, half something else, and he was born abord a ship on its way to India... He got SC, no worries - took a while, obviously.
                Was this quite recently?

Comment

Sorry to hear this Munky.

BTW you're not related to Harry Munk are you?

Comment

Don't think been born abroad is the reason for your refusal. I am born abroad became a British Citizen in 1999 and have been SC cleared twice. Maybe there is more to it.

If u have tried to hide anything that happened in the past is more likely to be a reason for refusal.
                    Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

Comment

Surely they don't tell you the reason, a bit like failing a credit check, if they did you could cheat the next time.
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X