• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Classic Leaving Card Messages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you were dead.

or

End of an error - oops I meant era.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
      I thought you were dead.
      Who? Leo Amery or Oliver Cromwell?

Comment

We're having a leaving party for you on Saturday Night........................

You're not invited
        Last edited by pisces; 18 June 2007, 19:13.

Comment

In my early years at GEC it was honorable to simply write "Fuck off" to someone you knew well.

During the nineties I'd draw a little Roger Mellie and write "Bollocks".

Now I just write my name.

Comment

lol

Comment

Good Bye
              Good Luck
              Good Riddance!

I once had to sign a card for a Comms Manager who was "leaving after 30 years service with the company". It seemed appropriate to cross out the service bit.
              Last edited by Masher; 19 June 2007, 07:16.

Comment

I wrote the message 'Good riddance, nobody liked you anyway' to a colleague. The director saw the message, hauled me in an demanded an explanation. After trying to explain that we were good friends and no harm was intended, she got me to write 3 exclamation marks at the end of the message as she thought if would tone it down. You can imagine what I wrote on her card when she was made redundant...
                Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Last leaving card I wrote in, had messages from 100's of people, but mine stood out!

My Dearest Kevin
                  "Oh C0ck"
                  David

Comment

"Can I have your chair?" is another good'un.

Or "Have a drink on me" and then stapling a tea bag to the card.

Not original, but I'm storing these here for future reference.

Comment

When the card wanders across my desk I look to see the girl's names and if there's the right coloured pen to hand, I draw little kisses &/or hearts.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X