• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple Safari on Windows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stick with good ol' trusty IE7. I like it that it stores cookies so that I don't have to keep remembering pesky usernames and passwords for every website.

Only gripe is, if only I didn't have to click on every active X and Java imbed thingy to get them to work, it would be much handier if they ran automatically. Otherwise it does everything I need.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian
      I like it that it stores cookies so that I don't have to keep remembering pesky usernames and passwords for every website.
      I have yet to come across a browser that doesn't do that - well maybe Lynx, but that doesn't really count.
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Seems to ignore stylesheet background settings on my laptop. I see white backgrounds for some pages that have black backgrounds in Firefox and IE.....

Comment

It's only a developer pre-release at the moment, so there are bugs (on both Mac and Windows). This was announced at WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) so no-one should be using it in anger yet for anything other than playing with the developer APIs - this release contains the first standalone Windows port of the CoreGraphics API (I believe it's statically linked in iTunes) which is what will be used to display stuff on the iPhone.
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

IE7 is fine. Downloaded Safari, but speed is same. I have a fast PC and 4mb broadband so if there is a speed difference I can't pick it.

Comment

It does seem a little quicker to me, but i'm only really likely to use it to see what web pages look like in safari, I'll use Firefox for my day to day browsing.

Comment

Working...
              X