• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Apple Safari on Windows"

Collapse

• Ardesco
    replied
    It does seem a little quicker to me, but i'm only really likely to use it to see what web pages look like in safari, I'll use Firefox for my day to day browsing.

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied
    IE7 is fine. Downloaded Safari, but speed is same. I have a fast PC and 4mb broadband so if there is a speed difference I can't pick it.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    It's only a developer pre-release at the moment, so there are bugs (on both Mac and Windows). This was announced at WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) so no-one should be using it in anger yet for anything other than playing with the developer APIs - this release contains the first standalone Windows port of the CoreGraphics API (I believe it's statically linked in iTunes) which is what will be used to display stuff on the iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Seems to ignore stylesheet background settings on my laptop. I see white backgrounds for some pages that have black backgrounds in Firefox and IE.....

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian
    I like it that it stores cookies so that I don't have to keep remembering pesky usernames and passwords for every website.
    I have yet to come across a browser that doesn't do that - well maybe Lynx, but that doesn't really count.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    I stick with good ol' trusty IE7. I like it that it stores cookies so that I don't have to keep remembering pesky usernames and passwords for every website.

Only gripe is, if only I didn't have to click on every active X and Java imbed thingy to get them to work, it would be much handier if they ran automatically. Otherwise it does everything I need.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven
    Interesting move from Apple, wonder what their motive is..
    3rd party apps on the iPhone will use Safari as a base platform. This is not really a move to gain browser share on Windows, but rather to help Windows users develop for the iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Interesting move from Apple, wonder what their motive is..

Leave a comment:

• angusglover
    replied
    I use both Safari and Firefox on the MAC, happy with both of them to be honest...it will be Windows that will let it down though!!!

Leave a comment:

• interested
    replied
    Camino on my Mac, Firefox on my PC. Have just downloaded Safari for both and it's pretty quick, probably as good as Camino and FF.
    Not sure I can be arsed to change though

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    opera is the one for me...

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Just downloaded and installed it and did some browsing with it - looks OK, but can't see myself changing my default browser (Opera).

Camino looks quite nice so may give that a look-see as well.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I quite like camino, but I think I'll go back to Safari now it's got drag-able tabs and stuff

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    I use it as my main browser as it integrates into the OS on my Mac better than Firefox. I've heard that they're looking to improve the Mac version of Firefox in this regard, but I've got used to Safari now.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Tried it earlier, not really impressed. speed isn't everything and I don't notice much difference anyway. Took no time to download so I guess their servers aren't being hammered...

I'll stick with Firefox.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X