• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop Moaning about India##controversy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SigmondFreud
    I am sure i am getting more than you.
    Is it true that Indian men (and possibly Asian men in general) have to use especially small condoms because their todgers don't fill the standard size rubbers we western men use?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
      Is it true that Indian men (and possibly Asian men in general) have to use especially small condoms because their todgers don't fill the standard size rubbers we western men use?

Hehe, thats below the belt...

Comment

A community is not a community of disembodied spoken statements, in part because the most important aspect of the communication that people have is emotional, and one often communicates emotion not in terms of the text but as a subtext. The physical body is not irrelevant to a human community. The emotional subtext of human communication is crucial to human thought. It isn't a footnote. Too many computer scientists don't understand this.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

this is Stereotyping ,not every guy from India cant be a Good IT guy.
          I don't believe that anybody has said that all IT guys from India are tulipe, on the contrary I believe it has been mentioned before that there are one or two superstars knocking about.

if they are good they dont come here anyway.
          Quite the opposite, if they are good they generally come over here or America, find out what skilled IT personnel earn over here or in America and jump ship pretty quickly to quadruple their income. The chaff tends to get left with the big Indian firms like WIPRO and then you hear the rest of us moaning about how bad WIPRO is, etc

Comment

I do know what i am talking about and what i am doing.

people like you who donno how to choose outsource company with quality.

comming back to your point lot of companies you worked for are regretted their decision.

here we are seeing a pattern as soon as you join them they had enough and looking for outsourcing .Hense i am not the one who is providing bad service.

SigmondFreud
            ChillPill

Having written a paper on this (that eventually went to the Trade and Industry Select Committee) and done enough research into it. About half of the companies who offshore end up cancelling the contract before it ends and of the remainder few make any savings. In a significant proportion (approx 20%) the offshoring actually cost money and in at least one instance the company concerned saved on offshoring costs within the first year of bringing services in-house.

Average savings over all contracts is 10% if one includes the unsuccessful ones the figure is closer to 6%.

To really make it worthwhile offshoring needs to make savings of about 20%.

Much of this is because of the interface required between the client company and the offshoring company. Savings are eaten up by managing this interface and ensuring that managers communicate with those in the offshore company.

There are also costs involved in cultural differences; such as the time a banks server went down and the offshore company decided to wait until their day started to get it fixed. This is inexcusable when dealing with a client.

There are also costs to deal with Intellectual Property; who owns it.

The costs of offshoring are increasing as it becomes competive within India for the best people and therefore staff turnover is high, adding to the costs not only in wasted time re-training, but in offering ever higher wages. When your base savings are only about 6% it does not take long for that to be eaten into extra wage costs.

Put simply if Western Companies want to make savings the best way is to have a core of permenent staff and then a 2nd tier of contractors brought in when required; either for specific projects or for excess workloads.

Comment

I haven't read all of this thread and won't waste time doing so.

The fact is that as a nation we are screwed. Look at our education - where is the future going to come from? Not from our battered schools and knife wielding kids I tell you.

Now look at India (and soon China), where education is key and is the top priority of every family for their children. This is what makes the difference between a long lasting, forward looking nation and the backward, self-defeating one we have here.

An educated 8 year-old in India can outwit most 16 year-olds in this country. That is how well educated they are. Of course their ultimate aim is not to help mankind, but to make money, same as the rest of us, but it's not hard to see that they'll soon be aiming for the big guns and gaining traction on much of the western world.

Look at China - 20 years of continuous 10%+ GDP growth in their economy. Yes it's a communist state but there's a reason for that and thus far economically it's proved the western democracies wrong. In another 20 years China will be 2nd to only the U.S. (and with India hot on its tail in 3rd place).

We only beat on the Indians or the Chinese because we're gutted - gutted because we can't share in their growth, or gutted that they're taking our I.T. jobs, or taking our manufacturing state or soaking up trillions of $ of U.S. debt etc.

There is too much wrong with this country, we all know it. And the only reason most of us are here is because of generational family ties.... and of course the money.

As I said, we all know it.
              Last edited by ChimpMaster; 12 June 2007, 10:44.

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
                Having written a paper on this (that eventually went to the Trade and Industry Select Committee)...
                Is the paper available on the web?

Originally posted by zathras
                Put simply if Western Companies want to make savings the best way is to have a core of permenent staff and then a 2nd tier of contractors brought in when required; either for specific projects or for excess workloads.
                Music to my ears.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
                  An educated 8 year-old in India can outwit most 16 year-olds in this country.
                  Wrong!

An educated 8 month-old in India can outwit most 16 year-olds in this country.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
                    Wrong!

An educated 8 month-old in India can outwit most 16 year-olds in this country.

HTH
                    Oh dear, we seem to have regressed to 5 year olds.....

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
                      Is the paper available on the web?
                      Originally Posted by zathras
                      Put simply if Western Companies want to make savings the best way is to have a core of permenent staff and then a 2nd tier of contractors brought in when required; either for specific projects or for excess workloads

Music to my ears.
                      ... the problem then is imports on the 2nd tier bought in cheap
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X