• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legislation - Legislation - Legislation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angusglover
    So the alternatives are?
    Right now, not a lot. It would have been different if Hague or Howard had won, but they didn't, so the opposition have to move towards what the majority public obviously wants.

Of course, there are still some real alternatives - Lib Dems (old Labour), BNP, Monster Ravers... but they all have as much chance of forming a government as Prescott has of doing something useful.

I'm hoping that Cameron's "New Labour" Conservatism is just a front to get the votes. It certainly started out like that, but he now seems to be getting carried away by it all.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      Right now, not a lot. It would have been different if Hague or Howard had won, but they didn't, so the opposition have to move towards what the majority public obviously wants.

Of course, there are still some real alternatives - Lib Dems (old Labour), BNP, Monster Ravers... but they all have as much chance of forming a government as Prescott has of doing something useful.

I'm hoping that Cameron's "New Labour" Conservatism is just a front to get the votes. It certainly started out like that, but he now seems to be getting carried away by it all.
      Hague is only 10 so he is no use...
      Lib Dems? Wishy washy

I agree...not much to choose from,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
        Hague is only 10 so he is no use...
        Lib Dems? Wishy washy

I agree...not much to choose from,,,,
        SNP will be a good alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
          SNP will be a good alternative.
          In England? I thought of them, but they sound more like old Labour than the Lib Dems.

Comment

It does smell badly of "old conservative" totally running out of ideas so trying to wheel out their own version of Tony B from 10 years ago.. sadly there is little "conservative" left in the tory party at the mo and they seem to be going down the route of sound bytes for minorty votes as per Nu Labia strategy.

Ultimatelty there is no-one to vote for. UKIP lost the ground they were gaining when the Tories said "in Euorpe but not ruled by europe" (a phrase they never really managed to quantify, and something unachievable if you read the EU legislation we have already signed up to) so the disenfranchised went back again. Lib Dem are basically bonkers and would like to be modern day Robin hoods robbing the rich to feed the poor, therefore removing any financially aspirational values from society, and as for the rest, well pretty much Loony bin or extremism.

Best of a bad lot.. who knows these days...

Cheers all,
            Matt.

Comment

In England? I thought of them, but they sound more like old Labour than the Lib Dems.
              but we do need something like a proper "English National Party" to take the approach of the Scots "is this actually good for Scotland" and apply it to England... that would certainly get rid of a lot of the cr*p that we have gained in Legislation for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                That joke won’t work for el Gordo, not with his interests.

Wave a nappy in front of him and show him a rocking horse and he’ll cream himself.
                I think that's slander. I also think it has no basis, do you know better? If not, do you often randomly accuse people of being paedophiles just because you dislike them?
                God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by M@H
                  Ultimatelty there is no-one to vote for. UKIP lost the ground they were gaining when the Tories said "in Euorpe but not ruled by europe"
                  What hypocracy (the quote, not your post). Cameron is every bit as Europhiliac as Ted Heath ever was. UKIP is the only party it makes sense to vote for now, apart from possibly the BNP.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X