• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

theJazz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru
    Kyajoke is just trying to be sophisticated, when in reality he has the intellectual depth of a slug on prozac.
    Hello again, Maggot. Are you stalking me again today?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      Well you would if you didn't bother with aeolyian, mixolydian dorian and phrygian scales. Building blocks for jazz improvisation.
      Sounds like a bunch of characters from Star Trek....you forgot the Romulan scale tho...

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
        Hmmm - check the modes and you'll find that was what I was saying
        Yeah, I think your right. All my guitar tuition was from DVDs from Lick Library. They didn't exactly explain it in great detail.

Comment

Yeah, I think your right. All my guitar tuition was from DVDs from Lick Library. They didn't exactly explain it in great detail.
          check this - it may help >>> http://www.theorylessons.com/modal.html
          Call the cops

Comment

check this - it may help >>> http://www.theorylessons.com/modal.html
            Cheers bud.

If I could combine blues with a spinkling of jazz improvisation (bit like Clapton does) I'd feel like the mutz nutz of guitar playing.

Comment

Cheers bud.

If I could combine blues with a spinkling of jazz improvisation (bit like Clapton does) I'd feel like the mutz nutz of guitar playing.
              Actually I'd suggest Hendrix as a target if that's the kind of sound you want to aim for, probably more of it available written down as sheet music to study.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Hello again, Maggot. Are you stalking me again today?
                Nah there's feck all sport now CD has been vanquished.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  Nah there's feck all sport now CD has been vanquished.
                  And how is Mrs Maggot today?

Comment

Blues kicks the tulip out of jazz. Jazz has no soul, blues has.
                    as bob said: "i don't belive you... you're a liar"

though perhaps with less venom 'cos i don't really care if you can't get it.

personally, i think that there is rather a lot of jazz out there that has plenty of the soul you might be searching for: lady day, charles mingus, miles davis, and fats waller are four that have plenty to spare. mind you, duke ellington, dizzy gillespie, louis armstrong, oscar peterson and ella fitzgerald have a fair bit of feeling in their work too. if you want to know the tracks or albums worth listening to i can supply the details.

Comment

Working...
                    X