• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

theJazz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss

Classic!!

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer

Jazz is quite a skilled music form requiring a hell of a lot of scales knowledge. Much harder than simply tuning all 6 strings of your guitar to the same pitch and beating it with a piece of lead piping (I'm sorry, I think I've just described what Spinal Tap do)

....................../¯.)
      ....................,/¯../
      .................../..../
      ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
      ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
      ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
      .........\.................'...../
      ..........''...\.......... _.·´
      ............\..............(
      ..............\.............\..

(Thanks to Andrew Neil for the art work)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
        Jazz is quite a skilled music form requiring a hell of a lot of scales knowledge. Much harder than simply tuning all 6 strings of your guitar to the same pitch and beating it with a piece of lead piping (I'm sorry, I think I've just described what Spinal Tap do)
        If believing that nonsense make you happy...

To me it always sounds kinda somewhat childlike progressions played off beat. Occasionally they will drop on something pleasing to the ear, but more often than not jazz appears a refuge for people who learned to play an instrument later in life and so never really developed an 'ear'.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

As a musician who has spent years studying music theory including all the major/minor modes, harmonic minor, melodic minor, augmented, diminshed scales and all that bollocks, I have concluded that jazz is cack.
          Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
            As a musician who has spent years studying music theory including all the major/minor modes, harmonic minor, melodic minor, augmented, diminshed scales and all that bollocks, I have concluded that jazz is cack.
            Well you would if you didn't bother with aeolyian, mixolydian dorian and phrygian scales. Building blocks for jazz improvisation.

Comment

Well you would if you didn't bother with aeolyian, mixolydian dorian and phrygian scales. Building blocks for jazz improvisation.
              Well, I suggest you learn something about music, cause they are just other names for the things already listed, i.e. aeolyian is a fancy name for a natural minor scale.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Hmmm - check the modes and you'll find that was what I was saying
                Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  Well, I suggest you learn something about music, cause they are just other names for the things already listed, i.e. aeolyian is a fancy name for a natural minor scale.

HTH

I bow before your harminic omnipotence.

I'm still of the opinion that good melodic jazz improvisation is quite an art form. Being a mere and unworthy blues lead guitarist, jazz style guitar never ceases to amaze me, but I guess being a musical simpleton, anything like that would hold my gaze.

Comment

Kyajoke is just trying to be sophisticated, when in reality he has the intellectual depth of a slug on prozac.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I bow before your harminic omnipotence.

I'm still of the opinion that good melodic jazz improvisation is quite an art form. Being a mere and unworthy blues lead guitarist, jazz style guitar never ceases to amaze me, but I guess being a musical simpleton, anything like that would hold my gaze.
                      Blues kicks the tulip out of jazz. Jazz has no soul, blues has.
                      Call the cops

Comment

Working...
                      X