• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flights to Nice, two nights in a hotel, car hire, meals. The lot paid for by the agent - it was 1989 though.

Flights to Munich, car hire, one night in a hotel, meals. The lot paid for by the agent - it was 1999 though.

Flights to Basle, collected by interviewer in private aircraft, flown to Freiburg, interviewed, wined and dined, put up in a hotel all payed for by the client.

So yup, it does and has happened to one's goodself.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      Flights to Nice, two nights in a hotel, car hire, meals. The lot paid for by the agent - it was 1989 though.

Flights to Munich, car hire, one night in a hotel, meals. The lot paid for by the agent - it was 1999 though.

Flights to Basle, collected by interviewer in private aircraft, flown to Freiburg, interviewed, wined and dined, put up in a hotel all payed for by the client.

So yup, it does and has happened to one's goodself.
      what about a bus fare to Cambridge?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        what about a bus fare to Cambridge?
        Now I'm a staffer I have to pay!

That reminds me, did you ever pay mileage for the job I did for you in Bracknell or is that why you dragged me out for a pint?

Churchill - In "I'm happy coz it's payday today" mode!
        Last edited by Churchill; 31 May 2007, 10:25.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
          If a group of builders come and quote you for some work would you pay their expenses for making the trip?
          If you were a PM looking for an agency to supply people to you, would you pay the expenses of all those who failed to become your supplier?
          If you wanted to buy a new car would you pay for the salesmans time if he did not sell a motor to you?
          No, but they are very much one-2-one relationships.

Here the agency stand to make a good profit, and keep themselves in business if they can place a client - the agency are "speculating" to accumulate.

I guess it's a bit like advertising - a company will pay somebody to leaflet drop whether they get any business out of it or not....
          Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
          X