• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview Costs

Has anyone been to an interview where the agency has paid expenses ? reading a couple of these threads especially the one about being on the bench for so long you must surely have to attend a few interviews at your own cost.

would an agent laugh if you said you were going to invoice them for attending an interview (especially if it didn't result in an offer ?)

Your experiences would be greatly accepted
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Never, although I did once had the BBC re-imburse for a permie position interview many, many moons ago
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Don't ask don't get. but I never would.

Paid for return flights, a night's accommodation all out of my own pocket a couple of times,
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
        Has anyone been to an interview where the agency has paid expenses ? reading a couple of these threads especially the one about being on the bench for so long you must surely have to attend a few interviews at your own cost.

would an agent laugh if you said you were going to invoice them for attending an interview (especially if it didn't result in an offer ?)

If you invited a tradesman around to your house to spec and cost some work would you expect an invoice if he didn't win your business?
        whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

i had one once where the client insisted on a face to face in another country

I made a gentleman's agreement with the agency that they would pay the flight and if I got the job that would be it and if I didn't I'd pay them half

luckily i got the job

Milan.

Comment

Two interviews in Brussels, both times flights were paid for (business class too), lunch expenses and taxis.

Of course that was when agencies gave a fuck.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
              If you invited a tradesman around to your house to spec and cost some work would you expect an invoice if he didn't win your business?
              THis is a true point. I have never asked for money as if i think it is going to cost to much just attend the interview then i tend not to go for it.

Thought there may be someone out there that tries this maybe the person who also wants to put their sofa through expenses.
              Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

I ask for interview/meeting expenses if it turns out to be a total waste of my time - like if I spend the day dragging myself across the country for a role that's "speculative".

(Which has happened four or five times.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l

If a group of builders come and quote you for some work would you pay their expenses for making the trip?
                  If you were a PM looking for an agency to supply people to you, would you pay the expenses of all those who failed to become your supplier?
                  If you wanted to buy a new car would you pay for the salesmans time if he did not sell a motor to you?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I think some of you should open your minds. Ask the agency, the worst thing that can happen is they say no and you have to stump up the money yourself, not the end of the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X