• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Helicopter pilot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They also say that an airplane is just "40,000 rivets flying in loose formation"
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
      Yep, I'll speak to him tonight about this and PM you, and I'll tell him about the jesus bolts if he doesn't already know.

His first reply to "helicopters... etc... any recommendations" was "Yep, keep the turny thing pointing up".
      Second rule of flying : Don't hit anything big.
      First rule of flying : The earth counts as big.

Comment

I used to manufacture helicopter parts for a living... you wouldn't get me in one!
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Second rule of flying : Don't hit anything big.
          First rule of flying : The earth counts as big.
          and remember to switch off that big fan overhead if you feel cold

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
            I believe HyperD was a 'copter pilot
            Fixed wing only.... wouldn't get me up in one of those whirlybird things... when the engine fails in an aircraft you could be like me and fly twins so you have a spare. And if both go then you can trim into a glide and write your memoirs... although controlled flight into terrain is generally the preferred method of pranging aircraft.

...in a whirlybird you gotta dump the collective rapido and hope

1/2p(u2 + v2 + w2) is as high as possible...
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

"In the annals of aviation lucky escapes, nothing beats what happened to Air Transat Flight 236 from Toronto to Lisbon two weekends ago. The huge Airbus A330 ran out of fuel over the Atlantic. Yet its two pilots were able to glide the plane for a full 18 minutes, catching warm-air updrafts, and successfully performed a "dead-stick" landing on the Azores, a mere speck of land 900 miles short of Portugal.

It was a feat that prompted awe and amazement, not least from the 291 passengers. When the aircraft slammed down on to the runway at Lajes airport at dawn on 24 August, they took just 90 seconds to evacuate using the emergency slides. Once on their feet - about 10 were hurt in the scramble - they turned back to look at the crippled plane and broke into applause. They were alive."

Try that in a chopper.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                ... 291 passengers...

Try that in a chopper.
                Indeed.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

It must be possible, I'm sure Murdock did it on the A-Team once
                  I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Let me guess... they were practising for the next season of "Lost"?

How the feck does an A330 run out of gas?
                    Needle must have got stuck on the fuel gauge. Happens on our Freelander all the time.
                    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                      Needle must have got stuck on the fuel gauge. Happens on our Freelander all the time.

Property advisor for the people

Comment

Working...
                      X