• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You're all going to hate me...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Well thats like saying "Why would anyone steal £50k when they could just steal a tenner and not draw any attention to themselves.

Again, if it's this sophisticated peodo ring, they'd want as many as possible, and would have the ability to keep the lid on as many as possible.

If it's adoption, twins would probably draw 10 times as much cash. If it's a peodo ring, probably twice as much cash for the kinkiness of it?? And the fact that there's a boy and a girl - double's the market.

Firstly, who the **** do you think you're talking to you?
    Secondly, you dont have to have kids to have an opinion on this. I'm having it thrusted in my face every day (and not in a good way) and I dont have kids, so what, I'm just supposed to listen to everyone mong on about it 24/7 and not say a word?
    As you have never had children you would not apprecdiate how much more difficult it is to control two or three as opposed to one. If there was one kidnapper getting away with threee would be much harder than taking one. Also keeping three of them under wraps until "the heat dies down" is much more difficult than keeping one.

Of course you are quite entitled to have an opinion on this but it is hard to take you seriously when you have no understanding of what it is like to lose a child, nor have any understanding of what is involved in the day to day activities of looking after them and bringing them up.

Your own view is not based on any logic or fact whatsoever, it is nothing more than a hunch. It is reasonable to assume therefore that your "hunch" is based entirely on your emotional reaction to a mixture of events surrounding this case, and how you feel about having children yourself (is it guilt?), and your feeling about children in general.

So me saying "what the f*** do you know" is a rather lazy way of explaining myself so apologies (that is twice in a week )
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      As you have never had children you would not apprecdiate how much more difficult it is to control two or three as opposed to one. If there was one kidnapper getting away with threee would be much harder than taking one. Also keeping three of them under wraps until "the heat dies down" is much more difficult than keeping one.

Of course you are quite entitled to have an opinion on this but it is hard to take you seriously when you have no understanding of what it is like to lose a child, nor have any understanding of what is involved in the day to day activities of looking after them and bringing them up.

Your own view is not based on any logic or fact whatsoever, it is nothing more than a hunch. It is reasonable to assume therefore that your "hunch" is based entirely on your emotional reaction to a mixture of events surrounding this case, and how you feel about having children yourself (is it guilt?), and your feeling about children in general.
      Well said

Comment

So me saying "what the f*** do you know" is a rather lazy way of explaining myself so apologies (that is twice in a week )

DA...you need to leave SA alone regarding the kids thing...I have two kids and yet I am completely on board with what SA is saying...yes, of course we may be wrong, but it has nothing to do with having kids or not.

I still think that something is going on here that doesn't quite add up...but only time will tell...

I understand what you are saying about 3 being more difficult to control...but I'm still not convinced.

I think this whole case is dodgier than you DA...
        Property advisor for the people

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
          DA...you need to leave SA alone regarding the kids thing...I have two kids and yet I am completely on board with what SA is saying...yes, of course we may be wrong, but it has nothing to do with having kids or not.

I still think that something is going on here that doesn't quite add up...but only time will tell...

I understand what you are saying about 3 being more difficult to control...but I'm still not convinced.

If you have kids you have a broader understanding of how these people are behaving. As you agree with SA then I would accept that at least you are more likely to understand some of the emotions that are flying around.

SA has not had children so her opinion lacks the substance that yours has. She may be right , but it is a bit like me saying your work is s*** without having a clue about what it is you do.

What you and SA are saying may be true (and part of me hopes that it is) that there may indeed be something else going on here, but I tend to prefer to make opinions based on facts and experience. I therefore do not agree with either of you (accept that I like the fact that you find something dodgier than me ). If I am wrong then so be it.
          Last edited by DodgyAgent; 31 May 2007, 09:49.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Dodgy: Why cant those of us without kids understand?

I would assume that to understand you would need to have had a child kidnapped or lost in some other way.

None of us (I hope) have experienced anything like that.

SA is putting voice to an opinion and speculating on what may have happened, as are you.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

As you have never had children you would not apprecdiate how much more difficult it is to control two or three as opposed to one.
              Oh ffs - self rightious child barers, dont you just love them. "Until you've had kids you have absolutely no idea about anything." Yeah keep telling yourself that mate if it makes you feel important!
              You just assume I dont have younger siblings? You just assume I didn't have to pretty much raise 4 younger cousins from the age of 15? You just assume I didn't babysit 5 nights a week for 5 years in my teens? You just assume that I dont have an army of mates who all had kids when they were young which I've been a part of for the last 15 years or so?
              No no no - I haven't born a child, therefore my opinions are meaningless

it is hard to take you seriously when you have no understanding of what it is like to lose a child.
              So you'll be having a go at everyone else on this board aswell then? Or has everyone else who voiced an opinion lost a child have they?

What guilt?
              And what feelings towards children?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                Dodgy: Why cant those of us without kids understand?

I would assume that to understand you would need to have had a child kidnapped or lost in some other way.

None of us (I hope) have experienced anything like that.

SA is putting voice to an opinion and speculating on what may have happened, as are you.
                Even with kids you would I am sure never truly understand the effect of losing a child. You only have to look at people who have lost children to see how traumatic this experience must be. Their lives are inevitably screwed up. At least with the death of a parent people get over it a lot better.

I am not saying she is right or wrong, I am simply saying that her opinion is not one that can be taken seriously, that it is made as a result of her personal emotional reaction to events. Had she been an copper who had investigated similar cases then she may have something objective to offer.

Comment

No no no - I haven't born a child,
                  borne
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Vito

What exactly doesn't add up? The snatcher saw that the parents are sitting in a restaurant, so he /she seized the moment.

In the last years there has been many cases of girls stolen from their own homes, one was having her nightly bath, the other was in bed, there was a case when the kids and parents were camping in their own garden all sleeping in the same tent, and someone kidnapped their little girl. What about Sarah Payne, what about the 3 year old who was snatched just as she crossed the road to get ice-cream from the ice-cream van? What about the little boy who was kidnapped in the shopping centre and beaten to death by some slightly older boys? The two girls killed by the ground keeper (forgot the name but his g/f was Maxine Carr)?

What is common between all these cases? Negligent parents? Naive parents? I personally thought some parents were naive to leave their kids walk around the streets/shopping centre without adult supervision, but what about the kids who were snatched from their own home? Mind you I didn't see anyone criticising any of those parents publicly... the McCanns were criticised heavily for eating in a restaurant within the same complex. Yes they made a mistake - what is their option now curl up in a ball and die - or face the music and do whatever possible to find their kid?

Comment

Oh ffs - self rightious child barers, dont you just love them. "Until you've had kids you have absolutely no idea about anything." Yeah keep telling yourself that mate if it makes you feel important!
                      You just assume I dont have younger siblings? You just assume I didn't have to pretty much raise 4 younger cousins from the age of 15? You just assume I didn't babysit 5 nights a week for 5 years in my teens? You just assume that I dont have an army of mates who all had kids when they were young which I've been a part of for the last 15 years or so?
                      No no no - I haven't born a child, therefore my opinions are meaningless

So you'll be having a go at everyone else on this board aswell then? Or has everyone else who voiced an opinion lost a child have they?

What guilt?
                      And what feelings towards children?

I suggest we revisit this argument when and if you ever have children. having children is not the right thing for every person but for right or wrong, for good or bad it changes your outlook on life. I defy anyone who has had kids (not young siblings, not babysitting) to challenge my view on this.

Comment

Working...
                      X