• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid Agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Agent

Just had a call from an agent for a gig. He phoned me 2 days ago and offered me an interview for this and I said then that the rate was not worth it for me. So I just got off the phone to him again and he offered me the EXACT same role..................... wait for it.................... at a lower rate!!!!! So I kindly asked Mr Incompetent to remove me from his database!!!

Originally posted by Barriebazg
    Just had a call from an agent for a gig. He phoned me 2 days ago and offered me an interview for this and I said then that the rate was not worth it for me. So I just got off the phone to him again and he offered me the EXACT same role..................... wait for it.................... at a lower rate!!!!! So I kindly asked Mr Incompetent to remove me from his database!!!
    Name the agency please

Comment

That's shocking. How dare he not remember you personally amongst the 400 people he'd phoned over those two days. carry on like that and agents are going to get a reputation for not being infallible.

Comment

I start a new gig on monday after I got the job pimp phones me asking me to email him all the technical questions I was asked in the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
          I start a new gig on monday after I got the job pimp phones me asking me to email him all the technical questions I was asked in the interview.
          mail him the infamous question "how do you move Mt Fuji"
          whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
            mail him the infamous question "how do you move Mt Fuji"
            Master Kangan pointed to the mountain and said to Daichi: "You speak of mind over matter -- then let's see you move Mt. Fuji."

Wordlessly the young disciple pulled the shoji screen across their view.

The Master smiled as Daichi slapped him up the side of the head. "You had to use your hands."

Silently Daichi closed his eyes.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Is it possible to noisily close your eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by XTC

You're kidding?! And did you? I wnder what he would have used them for...getting the cheapest person the job no doubt.

I'm fairly convinced one of the lads on here is an agent, as he's always tapping me up for job leads under the "I'm a newbie" premise.

I'm always amazed at the extend to which they'll go...quite admirable really, in an "i hate them" sort of way.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  Master Kangan pointed to the mountain and said to Daichi: "You speak of mind over matter -- then let's see you move Mt. Fuji."

Wordlessly the young disciple pulled the shoji screen across their view.

The Master smiled as Daichi slapped him up the side of the head. "You had to use your hands."

Master Kangan pointed to the mountain and said to Threadi: "You speak of mind over matter -- then let's see you move Miss Pie"

Wordlessly the young disciple ate the pie.

The Master smiled as Threadi slapped him up the side of the head. "You had to use your hands."

Silently Threadi closed his mouth.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                    Master Kangan pointed to the mountain and said to Threadi: "You speak of mind over matter -- then let's see you move Miss Pie"

Wordlessly the young disciple ate the pie.

The Master smiled as Threadi slapped him up the side of the head. "You had to use your hands."

Silently Threadi closed his mouth.
                    SA says;
                    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X