• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Kitchen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somebody mentioned to me that the Ikea units fit flush against the wall and that there is insufficient room for pipes, cables etc?

I think this can be remedied by screwing a baton to the wall and fixing the units to that.

Could just be BS though.....

Comment

Bought an IKEA kitchen a few years ago and was spot on, looked the biz and cheap as chips!

Would recommend that it's all about the fitting/finish. Unless you are as Handy as Andy pay someone to do it. Preferably someone who comes with a recommendation from a friend/family member etc...

Comment

For those of you that wish to talk about Kitchens...I believe that there is a website for girls called i-village

ffs
        Property advisor for the people

Comment

Guys / gals

Thanks as always for the feedback and the interesting diversions. I have also heard the Ikea recommendation separately so this looks like the first port of call (although dreading the drive up the A23 in Croydon)

Since I have relented and accepted a new Kitchen, life at home is great and a weekend of bonding and nesting awaits ..

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
            ...does anyone else have a Nail gun...now this is man stuff!! Never used if for anything constructive (pardon the pun) but its my favourite toy!!
            See if you can defeat the interlock and fire across the workshop
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              See if you can defeat the interlock and fire across the workshop

I'll see what I can do...wish me luck...
              Property advisor for the people

Comment

Originally posted by the guy with the bowtie
                bonding and nesting

Comment

Originally posted by the guy with the bowtie
                  I've finally submitted to the repeated requests for a new Kitchen (in reality the old one is falling to pieces at an accelerating rate).

Some questions on which I would value some feedback

[..]
                  Try the usenet discussion group uk.d-i-y
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X