• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giving up smoking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Has sally gone out for a fag :-)
    No she hasn't - she's been out for a nice walk and a salad from M&S.

Now where's that halo smilie...
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      No she hasn't - she's been out for a nice walk and a salad from M&S.

Now where's that halo smilie...
      Bet you could murder a ciggie though, I'm just going out for one
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Bet you could murder a ciggie though, I'm just going out for one
        No - it's smelly....just like you
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

No - it's smelly....just like you
          Do you want to fit in that wedding dress or not?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Do you want to fit in that wedding dress or not?
            I can buy a bigger one - he likes my "curves" anyway! An extra roll of flab will be like my very own wedding present to him
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

I did the Allen Carr course (in the Raynes Park office) on a Friday afternoon. Had smoked heavily for years, and enjoyed it. I was highly sceptical when I walked in to that place - but a few hours later I walked out, went to the boozer and have never smoked again.
              That was 8 years ago; and I don't even think about smoking and never have done since.

Can't really put my finger on what the principal behind the Allen Carr thing is about but basically the nicotine addiction takes about 2 weeks to get over and the rest is psychological and that's what the course/book deals with. I didn't manage to read the book, my girlfriend at the time made me do the course

Comment

I can buy a bigger one - he likes my "curves" anyway! An extra roll of flab will be like my very own wedding present to him
                Ignore 'em mate - you'll be fine... Good luck
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by interested
                  I did the Allen Carr course (in the Raynes Park office) on a Friday afternoon. Had smoked heavily for years, and enjoyed it. I was highly sceptical when I walked in to that place - but a few hours later I walked out, went to the boozer and have never smoked again.
                  That was 8 years ago; and I don't even think about smoking and never have done since.

Can't really put my finger on what the principal behind the Allen Carr thing is about but basically the nicotine addiction takes about 2 weeks to get over and the rest is psychological and that's what the course/book deals with. I didn't manage to read the book, my girlfriend at the time made me do the course
                  I read the book, total waste of money

Comment

I read the book, total waste of money
                    Don't bother - a weakling like you will always smoke.

HTH
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                      Don't bother - a weakling like you will always smoke.

HTH

If only we could be like you. I bet it was for heroes when you did it? and for losers the moment you gave it up?

BTW saw you on channel 4 last night! you limp wristed ponce
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 May 2007, 13:09.

Comment

Working...
                      X