• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivor1
    Would prefer a Porsche 996 but just dont to the miles to justify the cost, I drive 3.5k miles a year
    Mileage is not a justification.

Just think.... 3.5k miles in a Porsche - nice!

Btw, I never use mine for long-distance. It's too uncomfortable - I've got very long legs.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      'I drive 3.5k miles a year ',

you need to get out more !

Milan.
      Commute and live in central London so no need to drive really.

Churchill I know what you saying about the Porsche. I keep thinking if I bought something for £30k - £35k, V to W reg and do the miles I do I would harldly loose any ££ on depreciation, just running costs. There is a Porsche speaciliest at the end of my road its so tempting, how do you find running costs ?
      Last edited by Ivor1; 15 May 2007, 10:00.

Comment

Churchill I know what you saying about the Porsche. I keep thinking if I bought something for £30k - £35k, V to W reg and do the miles I do I would harldly loose any ££ on depreciation, just running costs. There is a Porsche speaciliest at the end of my road its so tempting, how do you find running costs ?
        Expensive but worth it. It's a toy! An expensive one (I paid 34k for mine on a W plate. It drinks fuel, I managed to swing a major service for free from the dealer but I put £75 a week away into a seperate account just in case of major problems - a philosophy carried forward from my boat and aircraft ownership.)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Expensive but worth it. It's a toy! An expensive one (I paid 34k for mine on a W plate. It drinks fuel, I managed to swing a major service for free from the dealer but I put £75 a week away into a seperate account just in case of major problems - a philosophy carried forward from my boat and aircraft ownership.)
          This is the porsche place just up the road from me http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/rich...ige/search.cfm they got a nice one there for £31k at moment.

Comment

That's another excuse londoners use not to think about being ripped off by the transport system.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              That's another excuse londoners use not to think about being ripped off by the transport system.
              I walk or use my bike, best option all round, underground not worth the hassle

Comment

I walk or use my bike, best option all round
                Not really considering the accident statistics and the high pollution in town.

Unless you are talking about Amsterdam....
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                  It's a public road, so insurance companies excluding it is a little dubious, and they certainly can't get out of the third party liability.

Strangely enough I've never spent a lot of time looking at the scenery on that particular road.
                  The get-out clause the insurers have is about using the car for time-trails.

Which, lets face it, you're not going to be on that road for any other purpose are you?

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                  X