• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where does PC World Get These People From?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vito
    When I used to work for a major uk retailer we used to hang around in the carpark, wait for a customer to park and enter the store, then whizz over and move the car with the Fork-lift truck before they came out again...it was classic watching the look on their face when they thought they were losing the plot.

To add insult to injury, we would often place it on the bonk over two spaces and then leave a harsh note on their windscreen asking them to be more considerate to other shoppers who may be struggling to find a space!

Ahhh...the good old days
    Hmm, makes some sort of sense. Thanks for putting my mind at rest.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I was in PC World last year as I wanted to buy a PDA with English language. I knew exactly the one I wanted and went in and asked about it. They didn't have one in stock there but the chappie looked on his computer and said there was one at another PC World nearby and I could have it a bit cheaper. Jolly good and he gave me the name of the chappie at the other store who would have it all ready for me. I popped over there and it was already at the checkout waiting for me. They had a slight problem writing out the bill as I have a foreign address but that was also pretty smooth and no problems with a VAT receipt either.

Another time though, I was in another PC World as I was building a server for a customer and they had forgotten to order some tapes (SDLT 320.) There was a PC World over the road so I popped in and go the PFY. I asked for tapes for a computer and added helpful hints, like DAT, DDS4, backup, etc. Eventually he said they didn't have any cassette tapes in stock but Maplins might!

The first time I went to PC World was some years back (15?) and bought my first laptop, an Acer with Windows 95, wow!!! Anyway it worked fine for a couple of years and then Win95 went balls up so a re-install was in order. Now the Win95 that was installed was English (although I had installed some German software so there was a mixture) but the recovery CD was Italian! I then had a laptop with UK keyboard, Italian Win95, German and English applications. Luckily Windows is so orientated to idiots that even I could work out how to use it.

From above, the first paragraph were PC World in Newcastle and South Shields, the second was Slough and the third was Lakeside. Make what you will of it.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
        Another time though, I was in another PC World as I was building a server for a customer and they had forgotten to order some tapes (SDLT 320.) There was a PC World over the road so I popped in and go the PFY. I asked for tapes for a computer and added helpful hints, like DAT, DDS4, backup, etc. Eventually he said they didn't have any cassette tapes in stock but Maplins might!

From above, the first paragraph were PC World in Newcastle and South Shields, the second was Slough and the third was Lakeside. Make what you will of it.
        Was the customer BT Cellnet/O2?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
          Was the customer BT Cellnet/O2?
          Nope, it was Artemis, an ISV.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X