• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland's indepencence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be an interesting experiment. But can Scotland get rid of it's (even more than England) bloated public sector?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

All this talk of breaking up they cannot do it alone. For me it's not whether we can or cannot I’d prefer the risks of independence to the associations of the current government, personally. It's not real; it’s more about giving the government a bloody nose. They joined in a war that was not of our own making and personally I don't think Scotland should be a part of that, it's not in my interest, not in my name, it can't be allowed!

Folks voting SNP might be viewed as nationalist proud gits, the truth I believe it was a way of showing that those in this small land don’t want involviment in such affairs abroad but neither do we want the nationalist in control. The whole of the UK needs nationalist pride restored and I don't see one party here today the represents my interest at heart which can achieve that, our core beliefs.

I'd compare the current state of affairs to that of a lost child in the supermarket looking fir their mother, what a mess. Anyone got a loudspeaker?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
        I personlay do not want Scotland to govern itself as that requires a break up of the Union and that is not something I want to see. I believe Britain is stronger than each of its individual countries.

While we are on these questions.
        Why do the Scots not believe that they already do govern themselves through the current system?
        Why do the Scots insist that Westminster is too far away to understand the needs of Scotland, but Brussels isn't?
        Why do the Scots believe that Scotland will be better represented as part of the EU than it is in Britain?

Or could it be that the Scots are racist against the English?
        All good questions, these.
        God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          1. The Midlothian question goes away.
          The question of why Scottish MPs in Westminster should be allowed to vote on purely English matters, when English MPs (and for that matter Scottish MPs) can not vote on Scottish matters, is the West Lothain question, after the seat of Tam Dalyell who famously posed it.

the Midlothian question is, Why do Hearts bother?
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
            All this talk of breaking up they cannot do it alone. For me it's not whether we can or cannot I’d prefer the risks of independence to the associations of the current government, personally. It's not real; it’s more about giving the government a bloody nose. They joined in a war that was not of our own making and personally I don't think Scotland should be a part of that, it's not in my interest, not in my name, it can't be allowed!

Folks voting SNP might be viewed as nationalist proud gits, the truth I believe it was a way of showing that those in this small land don’t want involviment in such affairs abroad but neither do we want the nationalist in control. The whole of the UK needs nationalist pride restored and I don't see one party here today the represents my interest at heart which can achieve that, our core beliefs.

I'd compare the current state of affairs to that of a lost child in the supermarket looking fir their mother, what a mess. Anyone got a loudspeaker?
            You are reverting to the stereotype Scot in treating Parliament as English and therefore not yours
            about giving the government a bloody nose. They joined in a war that was not of our own making and personally I don't think Scotland should be a part of that, it's not in my interest, not in my name,
            from where I sit the Parliment has a distinct tartan hue

those in this small land don’t want involvement in such affairs abroad
            sometimes you have to fight but agree that in this case there was no cause for war except the vanity of a Scottish Prime Minister

What all you Scots fail to realise is that deep down the English don’t give a tulip if you go or stay. Like the whiney little child always threatening to leave home – one day you will, and both parties will be the better for it. Just don’t think you can keep using the threat as some kind of stick to beat England with because as I’ve said we really, really don’t care that much.

It does open the possibilities of further fragmentation of the UK, no doubt Cornwall will start agitating and it would be a delicious irony if the Shetlands went and took all the oil with them. Perhaps we would then fracture into city states and the only winner would be London
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
              The question of why Scottish MPs in Westminster should be allowed to vote on purely English matters, when English MPs (and for that matter Scottish MPs) can not vote on Scottish matters, is the West Lothain question, after the seat of Tam Dalyell who famously posed it.

the Midlothian question is, Why do Hearts bother?

Yes, sorry, slip of the tongue. It's a good job I didn't mention the East Lothian question! (shudders)

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                You are reverting to the stereotype Scot in treating Parliament as English and therefore not yours from where I sit the Parliment has a distinct tartan hue

sometimes you have to fight but agree that in this case there was no cause for war except the vanity of a Scottish Prime Minister

What all you Scots fail to realise is that deep down the English don’t give a tulip if you go or stay. Like the whiney little child always threatening to leave home – one day you will, and both parties will be the better for it. Just don’t think you can keep using the threat as some kind of stick to beat England with because as I’ve said we really, really don’t care that much.

It does open the possibilities of further fragmentation of the UK, no doubt Cornwall will start agitating and it would be a delicious irony if the Shetlands went and took all the oil with them. Perhaps we would then fracture into city states and the only winner would be London
                I'm talking about government, not Parliament. I agree from where you sit the hue blue.

But you Sir I think are mistaking a connection of an MP's birthplace and the policies of their party as one, I don't distinguish, my vote is cast on they're actions and nothing more.

This is not about fragmentation of the UK, this is the cause and effect of the actions of a group whose lack of foresight has led to the deaths of many many people, at home and abroad.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X