• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wage inflation ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant he was giving in the way that Labour are pouring billions into useless IT systems. Nice one, it will ensure there's years of patching and re-engineering to stop them rolling over on a daily basis, all of which filters down to us short term contractors ready and willing to bale them out, for the right price
    "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
      I meant he was giving in the way that Labour are pouring billions into useless IT systems.

My father-in-law tells me a true story of when he was in the army. They were told to dig some big holes in a field. Next day they were told to move these holes to another corner of the field. The following day they were told to move them back. It was purely to keep everyone busy.

I'm always reminded of this story whenever I think of Labour's "initiatives", and the value the taxpayer gets from them.

Comment

I meant he was giving in the way that Labour are pouring billions into useless IT systems. Nice one, it will ensure there's years of patching and re-engineering to stop them rolling over on a daily basis, all of which filters down to us short term contractors ready and willing to bale them out, for the right price
        Keeps me in business.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          My father-in-law tells me a true story of when he was in the army. They were told to dig some big holes in a field. Next day they were told to move these holes to another corner of the field. The following day they were told to move them back. It was purely to keep everyone busy.
          So that's where the phrase "Any hole's a goal" came from. You learn something every day, even when not expecting too.
          "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

So that's where the phrase "Any hole's a goal" came from. You learn something every day, even when not expecting too.

"to" not "too"

Comment

I think both are ok for once. Phew, no detention for me tonite.

Comment

i gather from the responses that this is another successful everybody agrees with Milan thread.

nice one

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

My father-in-law tells me a true story of when he was in the army. They were told to dig some big holes in a field. Next day they were told to move these holes to another corner of the field.
                  And in principle the only way to "move" a hole is to dig away on one side and refill it on the other side. So they'd have had to dig a trench right across the field
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The thing that surprised me was the average salary of a senior manager

What do they mean by a senior manager ?
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X