• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PSC's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stupid box on the IR35 return. I.e. the question "Does any of your work here fall under IR35" yes/no answer. Then the next question is "If yes, have you paid enough tax".

Comment

Never seen an IR35 return, maybe because I'm not operating through a PSC

But yes as you say, the wording on the P35 may be as follows, seems they've changed it since I last looked, but it all boils down to the same:

"Do the rules relating to services provided through an intermediary (sometimes known as IR35) apply to any work carried out by any worker listed on this return?"
      "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

Will I actually get to see these forms, or will they just be handled automatically (or even electronically) by my accountant? I signed a form giving him authorisation to deal with my affairs. Does this mean that the IR still send to me first?

Thanks!

Comment

The checkbox is on page 4 of the P35 annual return. You have to complete this form every year, at about this time. The form asks:
          Do the rules relating to services provided through an intermediary (sometimes known as IR35) apply to any work carried out by any worker listed on this return?
          If you tick yes, it asks whether you've made your deemed payment.

edit: whoops, CD beat me to it.

Comment

cheers chaps!

is the P35 something I will actually see and complete, or will it just be sucked up by the accountant? if so - how do they know how to answer this checkbox?

Thanks again- much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
              cheers chaps!

is the P35 something I will actually see and complete, or will it just be sucked up by the accountant? if so - how do they know how to answer this checkbox?

Thanks again- much appreciated!
              If you haven't received it by now, it sounds like your accountant has it routed to him. If he does your wages that is probably the case.

I'd give him a bell to make sure, and ask him what he does with that checkbox.

Comment

Working...
              X