• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Voters will judge us all - Brown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes
    ja ja Malvolio,

it is easy for informed opinion to say that, however, nobody knows in the world chaos, what the situation would have been for the last ten years with the Tories at the helm.

If we assume our informed opinion to be correct, and accept that you would be 4k gbp better off a year under a different regime...

a, 4k gbp is not the be all and end all

b, how do we know that without the Economic Miracle, how do we know that under a different regime there would have been ten successive years of prosperity ? great you might have been 4k a year better off but who's to say it would have lasted for 10 years ? great 4k a year better off but what if it was only for the five years 97 to 2003 and we'd been in recession since then ?

Nobody can deny, the Economic Miracle has led to ten years of 'fill yer boots lads', and let's hope it continues.

Gordo's given you the chance to earn, it's your job to be wise with the rewards.

Milan.
    It's not the clever ones like you and me, it's the ones that are too dim to understand the damage being done, the ones who are actually running on accumulated debt and the ones who actually believe that somehow Gay Gordon has assisted the economic position of the UK - which would have actually been better had we not been tied down by his restrictions and over-dependence on centralisation of almost everything that moves.

For myself I was earning a lot more 9 years ago than I am now, on roughly the same day rates. That's not exactly progress.

That, and he's a lying, cowardly, two-faced opportunist who has no right or ability to be at the head of our country.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

nothing lasts for ever and I cannot say that in ten years time I will be earning what I do today, who knows, more than likely based upon my life experience todate I will have to adapt to survive and to be prepared to adapt and commercially/career wise be willing to reincarnate as the times change

things are not like they were for my dad and my grandfather and previous generations, there is no job for life and we cannot expect to stay with the same company, technology, career and start at 20 and finish atr 60 earning the highest wage of our career and a good pension in the wings

so to answer your question, in my opinion we have to think in terms of, 'all things considered', how are we doing ? I'd say you are doing alright.

If you're not, then it's your responsibility to your family and yourself to make the effort and at minimum explore other opportunities.

As for the rest of the people, well I am sorry to say that's the way the world is, there will always be rich, poor, middle etc, in the same respect as there will always be havebeens and havenots.

Milan.

Comment

Kyajae,

seeing you starting threads like this, I guess we have succeeded in breaking you into the CUK mould.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
        X