• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's happened...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's happened...

Well folks...I've lasted as long as I could...

Been a contractor now for 12 months and up until now I have maintained my previous lifestyle in a well intentioned bid to be true to my roots...I have friends who earn in a year what I earn in a month...but other than a flash car and big house, I've done everything the same as before and not changed...

But this morning was the final straw...

I can travel with the scum of the earth no more...if one more @rsehole hits me with their rucksack, or elbows me whilst removing their jacket (how hard is it to remove a jacket, how much space does it require??? Arms down and slightly behind you, sink shoulders slightly, arch backwards a touch, and hey, it slides off nice and easy...but oh no...a London taxi can do a full turn in less space than idiots in standard class need to remove their bloody jacket!(BTW - only a triumpg Herald has a smaller turning circle than a London Taxi))...

So...from here on in...its First Class all the way...not even waiting until next week, have upgraded tonights ticket already! Even if I'm travelling with friends, we'll have to sit seperatly...tough luck, its not my fault they're poor is it...

I feel like I have come of age...that I now have a genuine right to be a part of ContractorUK...I am now genuinely a stuck up arrogant @rsehole who is too full of his own piss and importance to care about the little people...

I've made it...
    Property advisor for the people

welcome

you're gonna fit in well here

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
      I now have a genuine right to be a part of ContractorUK...I am now genuinely a stuck up arrogant @rsehole who is too full of his own piss and importance to care about the little people...

I've made it...

You'll fit right in
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

I used to travel first class on the old style slam doors - & it was worth it, people were considerate -i.e. would go outside the compartment to use their phones-and you could always spot the oik on a second class ticket trying it on - great enjoyment when the inspector threw them out.

With the new trains the only segregation is a plastic screen- effectively you are sharing the same air space as the lower social orders (can't escape Doris & her "he said, she said" conversations) and the inspections are very infrequent - so in my case the premium is no longer justified
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
          I now have a genuine right to be a part of ContractorUK...I am now genuinely a stuck up arrogant @rsehole who is too full of his own piss and importance to care about the little people...

I've made it...
          Hope it's not the East Coast Main Line as you'll find the 1st class carriage is full of jumped up Tesco shelf stackers, New Lie flunkies and Railway employees.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

You’ll kick yourself for not doing it earlier and wonder how you survived before.

There are also sound commercial reasons to travel first/club. Just think, you are your company’s main/sole asset, it needs to be protected. I even put it in my company rules document thingy that officers wont use public transport after 9pm. I have genuine fears over my health when flying long haul coach/economy, so I will only fly first or club class.
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

If you want true first class segregation, learn to drive the chuffin train. There's just 3 buttons these days: Forward, Reverse, Stop. Piece of piss.
              "If it floats, flies, or f***s, lease it." - Evel Knievel when he wasn't jumping buses or women

Comment

You're still travelling by train? Peasent.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

on the Windson & eton line, all seats are standard class, so I always travel in the first class coach, at the standard class price. Super!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                    You're still travelling by train? Peasent.
                    I will also be travelling home in Vectra luxury !

Comment

Working...
                    X