• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carbon Footprint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    For many people a substantial reduction in greenhouse gas emissions can be achieved by driving a more fuel-efficient vehicle. Each gallon of gasoline burned produces 10kg (20 pounds) of carbon dioxide [US Department of Energy]. A motorist driving 15,000 miles a year in a vehicle that delivers 30mpg will produce 5000kg of carbon emissions whereas a vehicle returning 50mpg will produce 3000kg.

Right.

I have a bee in my bonnet about this. I read in the Times yesterday that burning a Gallon of Petrol produces 10KG of Carbon Dioxide.

Now a Gallon of petrol weights 8lbs or approx (3.6KG).

On the basis of my limited understanding, how come an 8lb Gallon produces a 22lb output of Carbon Dioxide. Yeh, I know theres a reaction with Oxygen etc etc but I reckon this is absolute bollocks.

Where's the proof. This carbon footprint stuff is bollocks.
    Imperial Gallon weighs 10Ibs
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Surely the Carbon Footprint marlarkey is about various people selling nothing and making a wacking great profit, doing it.

And Anthroprogenic global warming is about taxing us some more and making us feel good about it.

PS. It doesn't work [frown]

Comment

There's an opportunity here for someone to make a Carbon Footprint Watch which makes you feel guilty.

I bet if someone invented a system of using H20 as a fuel source they'd be complaining about the Oxygen footprint.

It's all f-cking bollocks and I for one am going for a drive around the block.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
        X