• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for you to leave Barclays....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    Have any of the main banks confirmed that their call centres will never be off shored ?
    No but NATWEST and Dove are both running themseles into a corner. Should NATWEST ever ofshore the tabloids will have a field day and should Dove ever stop using ugly women in its "campaign for real beauty" the same will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
      Has Barclays got anything left in Cheshire? I thought it had long since outsourced all that to Accenture and EDS (who then offshored it). The Radbroke Hall holiday park - those were the days!
      Radders is still there as far as I know, got a few friends there atm. Hopefully it's staying as it's reasonably local to me and a usually a good gig.

Were you there when the infamous beer weekend happened?
      Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

I was but I missed that particular do. Contractors TWOCing and crashing coaches and young women being rogered in the squash courts. Whatever happened to those heady days?

I remember the "Barclays Bonk" headlines in the Tabs a few days later.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Ah, heady days, yr 2000 work (1500 quid for New Years Day afto playing video games) Mike Green cup 5-a-side in the summer at lunch (40 teams, 300 watching the final, very nerve-wracking), off to a country pub at lunch with some spendid filly or another, contractors getting fancy cars and annoying the permie proles, you could also work and charge for any hours you wanted to do e.g.10-12 hours a day and there was 7 days work if you wanted it.
          Apparently it's a nightmare in there now, outsourcing and other 'initiatives' have squeezed all the good stuff out and they are turning the bar into a starbucks....

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
            Has anyone else ex-RBS / NatWest integration been contacted by Spring recently - about 'positions that may be coming up'?
            Vaguely remember having one of those "we have a potential contract" e-mails from them regarding a financial company. Ignored it though...
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Yeah Starbucks is there complete with over friendly camp staff... don't need that tulip on a monday morning..
              mmmmm stella

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg
                Apparently it's a nightmare in there now, outsourcing and other 'initiatives' have squeezed all the good stuff out and they are turning the bar into a starbucks....
                And there was me looking forward to going back there and enjoying lazy lunches in the bar, the Cheese and Branston toasties with Chips were loveley!
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                X