• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for you to leave Barclays....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for you to leave Barclays....

...unless you want the Mumbai Massif reading your bank statements.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6582507.stm

22,000 ish jobs going (10,000 to lo-cost locations).

Originally posted by Sockpuppet

Presumably thats Barclays operations in cheshire bangalore bound

Comment

Just think of all the work integrating...NatWest MkII

gotta make sure Bob does not get a look in
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Also the one at Brackmills

Comment

Has Barclays got anything left in Cheshire? I thought it had long since outsourced all that to Accenture and EDS (who then offshored it). The Radbroke Hall holiday park - those were the days!

If this deal comes off it will be all the support functions like HR and Finance that will get clobbered down in Canary Wharf.

My money's on RBS to pip them at the post.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
            My money's on RBS to pip them at the post.
            Has anyone else ex-RBS / NatWest integration been contacted by Spring recently - about 'positions that may be coming up'?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Also the one at Brackmills
              Ah - but the one at Brackmills is Barclaycard and they treat them as two entirely different companies (when it suits them). Can't see that going, and neither can some of the people I know that work there on a permie basis. It's the ones in HO in Canary Wharf that will need to start sweating

Comment

So in all because of the merger nearly 25,000 jobs will be lost.

Hard to see where the benefit is in all of this unless of course you are a major shareholder that is

You know if I worked for Barclays or ABN Id be root'n for RBS to take over as their call centres are in Scotland (haha, cheap labour ).

Mailman

Comment

Have any of the main banks confirmed that their call centres will never be off shored ?

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

RBS seems to be the only one with no plans to move overseas. Then again maybe Im confusing an Indian accent as a Scotish one?

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X