• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family appeal for missing BBC man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family appeal for missing BBC man

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/6546059.stm

I guess while we've been ranting on about the whys and wherefores of the Iranian hostage debacle, we've forgotten Alan Johnston.

What's peoples take on this situation. This seems to be taking a sinister turn given the amount of time he's been in captivity and the lack of demands or admission of responsibility by a group or faction in Gazza.

if they dont hand him over in the next 48hrs then ive got no choice but to get involved!
    Keep it clean!!!

Comment

I find it hard to believe he's still alive.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I hope he's not still drawing his salary
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Sounds like he's a gonna...
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

One of the conspiracies on the net is that this is a set up as the guy was on the bring of being fired AND he didnt want to leave. So he staged his own kidnapping...looks like he might have forgotten to tell his juhadi's to bring play knives instead of real ones!

Mailman

Comment

BBC Say it's OK

The BBC's official position is that killing journalists who work for government propaganda channels is fair during wartime. I remember this from the Yugoslavia thing, so I assume they are fine with this now.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                Sounds like he's a gonna...
                he's a gonna do what?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  he's a gonna do what?
                  He's a gonna be found without his head.
                  Call the cops

Comment