• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 - 1. Football or a slaughter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freakydancer
    Poor football and corrupt to f**k.
    Whereas the Premiership maintains 100% integrity at all times

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill

Unemployed chippy alert.

unemployable wretch alert.

Comment

"-real fans so disenfranchised that they form a rebel club."

That is their choice.

"- only way to go to games is if you know the right people"

That is a symptom of being popular. Also, if you know how to work the system it is possible to get tickets for most games. Perhaps the fact that Man U are one of the cheapest clubs to watch a game may have something to do with it. If Old Trafford was a 100k seater, they would still fill it.

"-day tripping fans who treat matches like going to a theme park "

Because the tickets are harder to get hold of, then this is the case. The same is true for smaller clubs like Liverpool also, and the @rse when they used that little ground in North London. This is not a Man U only issue

"-4 new kits a season "

No - one new kit a season out of a possible 4 kits. Becuase the sponsor changed recently then that forced a redesign. But would any other club continue to play in a kit with their previous sponsors logo on it? I doubt it.

"-Owned by faceless Yanks who refer to the club as a franchise "

In the same way that "the Liverpool reds" are then.

"- 620m in debt "

I'm not happy with the levels of debt either, but finacially they are still one of the best ran football clubs in the league.

"-coperae sponsers treated better than fans who have followed the club for generations "

Do you know what a box goes for at Old Trafford? I've been in one a couple of times which costs the company £100,000 a season. Would you expect to be treated the same as the fan who has paid £26 for their ticket? All clubs do this.

- pre season tours to asia or whever you can get the most bucks for Glazer...."

These happend in the pre Glazer days also. Other teams do this also.

What a load of sh1t!

Typical anti Man U cr@p. last week Liverpool won 3-0 away from home in the same competition. As a Man U supporter I could at least give Liverpool the credit they deserved for their performance. At this level a 7-1 win is exceptional. They were playing a team who beat them only a week before, when Man U started with a stonger lineup that the one last night. A team ranked 2nd in the Italian league. Man U had come off the back of 2 defeats and defensively look shaky given their injury problems. But then I suppose getting a few facts right might detract from your anti Man U argument.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Presumably you support that little team who play at the council owned ground in Manchester. You know the one, the one which has a yo yo ability with relegations and hasn't won anything in a lifetime! Even when Man U were cr@p in the 70's and 80's they won more than the Man C tinpot outfit.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
            "-real fans so disenfranchised that they form a rebel club."

That is their choice.

"- only way to go to games is if you know the right people"

That is a symptom of being popular. Also, if you know how to work the system it is possible to get tickets for most games. Perhaps the fact that Man U are one of the cheapest clubs to watch a game may have something to do with it. If Old Trafford was a 100k seater, they would still fill it.

"-day tripping fans who treat matches like going to a theme park "

Because the tickets are harder to get hold of, then this is the case. The same is true for smaller clubs like Liverpool also, and the @rse when they used that little ground in North London. This is not a Man U only issue

"-4 new kits a season "

No - one new kit a season out of a possible 4 kits. Becuase the sponsor changed recently then that forced a redesign. But would any other club continue to play in a kit with their previous sponsors logo on it? I doubt it.

"-Owned by faceless Yanks who refer to the club as a franchise "

In the same way that "the Liverpool reds" are then.

"- 620m in debt "

I'm not happy with the levels of debt either, but finacially they are still one of the best ran football clubs in the league.

"-coperae sponsers treated better than fans who have followed the club for generations "

Do you know what a box goes for at Old Trafford? I've been in one a couple of times which costs the company £100,000 a season. Would you expect to be treated the same as the fan who has paid £26 for their ticket? All clubs do this.

- pre season tours to asia or whever you can get the most bucks for Glazer...."

These happend in the pre Glazer days also. Other teams do this also.

What a load of sh1t!

Typical anti Man U cr@p. last week Liverpool won 3-0 away from home in the same competition. As a Man U supporter I could at least give Liverpool the credit they deserved for their performance. At this level a 7-1 win is exceptional. They were playing a team who beat them only a week before, when Man U started with a stonger lineup that the one last night. A team ranked 2nd in the Italian league. Man U had come off the back of 2 defeats and defensively look shaky given their injury problems. But then I suppose getting a few facts right might detract from your anti Man U argument.

Hows life down in surrey Tony? Calling Liverpool a small club was my personal highlight of your little rant. Yhey achieve what you can only dream of 5 European cups.

I hate Utd not for their arrogance, using the Munich air crash for comercial gain and tulip fans.

Anyway we'll stitch you up on the 5th at the COMS....AGAIN.

Comment

I wouldn't know what life is like in Surrey as I'm working from home in Rochdale. But in terms of financial clout and worldwide number of supporters, Liverpool are a smaller club than Man U. Historically they have won more, but Man U are still somewhat bigger. In the same way that Liverpool are bigger than Man City. There is a reason why it is easy to get tickets for City. Something to do with people not wanting to see them I think!

Munich is a significant part of the Man U history. I don't see how they use it to make money though.

As for Liverpools 5 cups. Yes that is an achievment. However you have to remeber that 4 were won when in the old knockout European cup. At that time English football pretty much ruled Europe and Liverpool pretty much ruled English football. So throughout the 70's and 80's when United were only marginally better than your lot, it stands to reason that Liverpool picked up more European silverware. It's hard to win the European cup when you are not even entered into the competition - but then being a city fan you'd know all about that.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Ignore RRH, he's full of tulip.

Comment

I gathered that - most blue noses are though.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Could somebody help me and tell me who knocked out Lyon, you know, that team favoured by some to win the competition?

Must have been a good team
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                      I wouldn't know what life is like in Surrey as I'm working from home in Rochdale. But in terms of financial clout and worldwide number of supporters, Liverpool are a smaller club than Man U. Historically they have won more, but Man U are still somewhat bigger. In the same way that Liverpool are bigger than Man City. There is a reason why it is easy to get tickets for City. Something to do with people not wanting to see them I think!

Munich is a significant part of the Man U history. I don't see how they use it to make money though.

As for Liverpools 5 cups. Yes that is an achievment. However you have to remeber that 4 were won when in the old knockout European cup. At that time English football pretty much ruled Europe and Liverpool pretty much ruled English football. So throughout the 70's and 80's when United were only marginally better than your lot, it stands to reason that Liverpool picked up more European silverware. It's hard to win the European cup when you are not even entered into the competition - but then being a city fan you'd know all about that.

Typical Utd 'fan' just does not understand what being a true supporter of a football club is all about. Were you one of the thousands who said they'd never watch Utd again when Glazer took over, the same people who vowed to bring vodafone, budweiser and Nike to their knees ? Where are these people now? A few hundred watch FCUM-where are the other clowns....Rochdale?

What rags forget when they switch into arrogant mode (as you demonstrated brilliantly) is that I would NEVER want my football club to become anything like Utd. Not for all the trophies in the world. My club is still followed by real Mancs who have the club in their blood, who have family, community and social ties to the club. People don't jump on the bandwagon and just 'decide' to support city you are born into it and that makes MCFC much more of an institution than Utd will EVER be.

Comment

Working...
                      X